Pentax K100D

Pentax K100D - close up

Pentax K100D Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Sep 23, 2007
I had the same problem: I love working with a 35mm camera. Digitals were never fast coming up and had lag time before I could take a picture... Plus: on sunny days I had a heck of a time finding the image in the digital view finder.... so I checked with a local camera store, Swanlunds, and they recommended the Pentax k100d. This camera does not take film: sd disc so lots of storage...

The Pentax K100D has the capabilities of a 35mm: manual focus if you wish: plus ability to auto focus: and digital pre-viewing. It is very fast: I got some seemingly impossible shots... When we were vacationing we had quite a few people interested in the features: the 35mm capacity is missed by a lot of photographers.

A disadvantage is that you can only take shots by looking through the eye piece and not by the digital viewer. You take the pictures looking through the eye piece but can view the results on the digital screen and delete if you wish. For me: the best of both worlds. After I bought mine my dad got one. (camera envy)

I took it traveling to China and found it to be excellent for flash shots as well as scenery. The whole trip I used the same lens: 18-55mm although you can interchange the lenses. I truely am happy with it and highly recommend it.
far away portrait