Pensione Venezia Courmayeur

Hotel class: 1 star
Via Le Villette 2, Courmayeur, Italy
Pensione Venezia - My window view!

Pensione Venezia Courmayeur Rates and Deals

Pensione Venezia Courmayeur Reviews

jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Nice find with no reservation Sep 11, 2009
While hiking around the Tour du Mont Blanc, I stayed in this pensione in Courmayeur. It was a nice find in an expensive area. Some of the guys I was hiking with had heard of this place and had a reservation so I decided to give it a shot. I think they had found it in one of their tourbooks, and if I recall correctly, it was also in mine. Whenever I made it in to town I went straight here to get a room. They had one room left so I quickly snagged it. At 38 euro it wasn't cheap, but for the area and the lack of reservation, I was happy with the price. The room was very, very basic. It had a bed, a sink, a table, and a dresser, all cramped in a very tiny space. The room did have a great view of Dolonne though, which was very nice to see at night! The bathroom was a shared room in the hallway with a really awkward, small shower/tub. It was a five minute walk to anything in Courmayeur, but almost every place is. The pensione was towards one end of town but very accessable to the bus station, tourist information, and main street. There was a restaurant on the bottom floor, but I did not try it. There was a group of people who had eaten there whenever I came back, and they looked satisfied. The lady who ran the place spoke French and Italian, but not very much English. She was able to communicate enough to check me in and answer a few basic questions. They want you to leave your key on a hanging board whenever you leave the building, which I was not very enthused about. Someone could have easily taken the key and gotten into my room. I came back late and I think the lady had stayed up waiting for me to get back to get in since I had no key. This was definitely an awkward way to end the night since she was not too happy but couldn't speak English to tell me!
The room.
My window view!

Pensione Venezia Courmayeur Overview

Typical mountain building, situated in a central and quiet position, a short distance from the cable-lifts. The family-run business is both compact and comfortable.

Pensione Venezia Amenities