Pension Segre

Pension Segre Rates and Deals

Pension Segre Barcelona Reviews

tj1777 tj1777
Pension Segre Oct 18, 2013
The place really only got one thing going for it – location. But then again when it comes to the most important thing of a hotel it always boils down to location location location. The Pension Segre is in a small ally way a mere hundred meters from the port in Barcelona and five minutes’ walk to the water end of La Rambla. Other major sights like the cathedral and the Ajuntment are just a few minutes’ walk in land from the hotel. So it’s a great base if you like to walk around the central parts of Barcelona.

Located just next to the hotel are several small restaurants which in general serve very good food. It might be slightly more expensive than the bargains offered at La Rambla but quality generally seems better at these small places. Arriving late like we did is naturally no problem in Spain – the restaurant doesn’t expect you to get out for dinner before 10 at night anyways.

The pension is inside a building which also has got some sort of other occupants – though I never figured out if it was residential use or something else. The pension takes up the second and third floor of the building. There is a 24 hour reception but the knowledge of English is limited even though a large chunk of the guest seems to be English speakers. So service in the form of helpful advice of the area isn’t really offered and the only thing the receptionist tried to communicate to me was he wanted me to pay the bill either today or tomorrow – or possibly the next day. I figured he just wanted to make sure I paid before leaving.

The room is tiny with just a bed and a couple of chairs and a nightstand with one lamp and a cabinet for hanging cloths and an ashtray. There is nothing else in the room so I guess it can be put down as pretty basic. The room is facing the small alleyway and there is a big window towards it. The bathroom is small but it got a shower with a showerhead which is slightly broken so when turned on the water tend to spray in random directions which isn’t necessarily where you want it – hence you might get an unwanted washing of the ear in the middle of you trying to wash your back.

There is no breakfast in the morning but fortunately there is a bakery shop just at the opposite corner from the pension so in the morning it is just to head down there and grab some breakfast either in the shop or as takeaway. Though the service at the shop always seems a bit confused and half your order might turn out take away and the other half to eat in – they are quick to fix their mistake when they realize it.

I guess the best thing about the hotel is the free Wi-Fi which is fairly fast and very reliable for me. Though I heard other guest complaining – I don’t know why since I had very good connection all the time.
The room - that's it
The shower
The toilet
The entrance to the room
gingerbatik gingerba…
Good Location but tiny room Oct 17, 2013
Since Barcelona was still warm during this time of the year (Autumn) especially compare with other part of the Northern European country – the city was busy but unfortunately the hotel price were still on a high side. We only book the hotel through the internet a couple days before we depart to Barcelona, so we do not have much choice since the good and less expensive hotel was fully booked and we ended stayed at this guesthouse which I thought was very expensive for the kind of room we had. It cost €65 per night for two people without breakfast.

The location of the guesthouse was excellent, it was right at the city centre, in a small alley way around hundred meters from the port in Barcelona and within five minutes’ walking distant to the water end of La Rambla.

The famous sights like the cathedral and the Ajuntment are just a few minutes’ walk from the guesthouse.

Next to the hotel was several small restaurants with attractive décor, with wide selection of menu and very reasonable price down to cheap for this part of the country. We tried a couple of restaurants near the guesthouse and the quality of the food was much better and very delicious compare with the restaurants scattered around the La Rambla area. There was a bakery located opposite the guesthouse and we ended up having breakfast at the bakery place every day since the place has a wide selection of food and very cheap.

Our room located at the third floor and there were no elevator at this place and we have to carry our bags up – since no bellboy to help and the reception speaks little English only. The room was really small, basic and kind of suffocating, it was a little dark inside the room when we close the window and close the curtain at night time. There were not much space to put our luggage and there was just enough for a double bed and a couple of chairs, no wardrobe at all.

There were a big window with a very small balcony facing the alley way – but we could not step to the balcony since it was really tiny, but we were able to open the windows to let fresh air come in since no air condition in this place and the room were really hot and stuffy.

Everything in this place was small, including the bathroom which barely enough for me to squish inside the shower cabinet – I shudder to think what happen with triple size people – probably no shower at this place.

The mattress was not the best, it was old and uncomfortable, I did not sleep much at this place.

There were free wifi in the room, unfortunately I could not get connection and unable to use it which were a shame.

Personally, I would not recommend or stay at this place anymore, it was definitely over price for what was offered. Other hotel has better value accommodation even though a bit further than city centre.
guesthouse name card

Pension Segre Overview

Pension Segre offers an excellent alternative for budget accommodation in Barcelona, Spain. Located in the heart of the historic centre, this lodging can be reached within minutes from El Prat international airport by taking public transport. Walking-distance from the famous Ramblas street, Pension Segre will give you the chance to discover all of Barcelona's cultural and artistic attractions. In the area, do not miss a visit to the impressive Gothic cathedral. Remember also that the Catalan capital is Gaudi's land, so take a look at the Sagrada Familia temple and the architect's many other works. Pension Segre in Barcelona is ideal for people travelling on a budget. Among other services, the accommodation offers heating, a 24-hour reception and hot water all day. Credit cards are accepted, except for American Express.

Pension Segre Amenities

• Multilingual Staff
  • Safe-Deposit Box
  • Excursions
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Luggage Storage