Pension Haddad

Tell Square Square, Tripoli, Lebanon
Pension Haddad - From the street.
Pension Haddad - From the stairwell.
Pension Haddad - Stairwell by the entrance of the Pension.
Pension Haddad - My room and balcony.
Pension Haddad - View from my balcony.

Check Tripoli Hotel Deals

Pension Haddad Tripoli Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Homely place but don't let the entrance put you off Jul 05, 2010
Arriving can be a shocker ... the stairs was dark, dingy and downright filthy. Parts were littered with rubbish including blood-stained tissues. I guess you can’t choose your neighbours.

Two levels up it wasn't much better with broken windows, exposed wiring etc.

But once inside the pension it was clean and homely but simple. The family were nice and polite, speaking enough English. It is an extended family with grandmother, mother, daughter, aunt etc.

The facilities are simple and relatively clean.

I asked for a single room and the nightly rate was $15. There were 3 beds and I’m not sure if other guests arrived, whether I’d have to share. You’ll have to check whether that is the room rate or bed rate.

My room has a balcony where they hang their washing so I try to leave the door open for them during the day to access. It gives them air and light too into their living room. But I close it when needed and they will knock if they need to hang out the washing.
From the street.

Related Travel Blogs About Pension Haddad

Going North
I got out of my hotel & headed for the bus station expecting to grab a taxi on the way. There were amazingly none forthcoming (when you don’t need one you can’t get rid of the little buggers)…Tripoli old town & thankfully near Pension Haddad where I left my stuff and went for a look around the city…

Check Tripoli Hotel Deals