Pension Arcos

Check Madrid Hotel Deals

Pension Arcos Madrid Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A sweet place Nov 20, 2004
I arrived in Madrid quite late; it was after 8 pm after a long drive that had started in Estremoz in Portugal in the morning and over Salamanca and Avila. As I had done before on this trip my aim was to first find a parking garage in the middle of the city centre and then take a back-pack and knock on some hotel doors and see if I could find something nice. The day before I had slept in a pousada so there was no need to go for the extravaganza. I used my GPS to find the parking in the crossing between Calle de la Salud and Calle de la Abada and I did as planned.

Next to the parking there was a hotel complex were each floor had a separate hotel and the higher you went the fewer the stars. I stated at the bottom and worked my way up. All hotels were full except when I entered on the fifth floor and Pension Arcos.

The Pension Arcos was run by an old couple (Anuncia and Sabino) and the whole floor of the building was owned by the family. The old couple has a couple of rooms with accommodations. I don’t speak much Spanish; I can only get some food and something to drink normally and I was doing quite poorly but luckily their grandson was home and we arranged that I had a small room. The room was clean and the price was more than fair so close to the city centre.

Everything about this place gives you a picture of old 1940s Madrid this includes the room, the building, the elevator, and the sweet couple who keeps the place. I guess some people would not like it, but I loved staying there.

The room was small but had a terrace in front with a great view; the bed was clean and there was a small toilet and bathroom. The room even had a small TV with loads of Spanish canals.

Next morning when I woke up Anuncia had blocked my access to the terrace with a week’s laundry but I guess you can’t get all for that kind of money.

The stay was great and I was happy for the proximity to all the pleasures of the city
The elevator to the fifth floor

Check Madrid Hotel Deals