Penks

www.penks.com - 020 7604 4484

Penks Reviews

debsadams1979 debsadam…
Quality, good value food in a great little bistro Mar 05, 2011
I’d heard good things about this place from various friends and it ‘s in walking distance from my new house I decided it would be a great place to take my parents who were visiting for a weekend. We’d decided to eat early as after the exertions of moving house I knew we’d be hungry (well I’d be hungry), this had the added being able to order of the fixed priced menu which is only available until 7.30pm and also take advantage of the half price Cremante cocktails (not quite champers I know but still not bad). Even if you aren’t eating as early as we did the prices are hardly earth shattering. The fixed price menu allows you to choose a starter and main for £15 (there is an additional charge for steak and not all mains come with sides). My folks picked two different starters in order to taste a number of different options available on the menu and both of them were blown away by the quality of the scallop starter. The portion sizes were decent so by the time we’d tucked away our main courses we were suitably stuffed. We also order a good bottle of wine, which was a heavier dry rose and went down well with my parents’ steaks and my main course of pork. All in all it was good quality food for a great price and I’ll be heading back there again that’s for sure.
Penks Map