Peninsula Excelsior Hotel

5 Coleman Street, Singapore, Singapore

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Rates and Deals

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Singapore Reviews

Excelsior Tower (Suite) Aug 05, 2014
This is 1 part of 3 part review since I am trying to keep each review short & sweet even though we stayed in both towers & different categories of rooms.

My fiancé had booked 4 nights stay at Peninsula-Excelsior Hotel as we were holding our wedding banquet at the hotel in which we got a complimentary night stay at the Bridal Suite. So lets concentrate on the first 3 nights stay at Excelsior Tower for this review.

For those who are not familiar, Peninsula-Excelsior Hotel is previously 2 separate hotels situated side by side along Coleman Street. However, the 2 hotels now have come together to share 1 main lobby. From the street level, you will see that it is still 2 separate hotels with separate concierge & lifts.

However up at the Lobby Level, they share the same cashier, bar, restaurant but there still remains 2 separate pools in each Tower. Do not be deceived by the old looking appearance of the hotel building (from the outside) as the hotel had undergone internal renovation so the furniture and fittings in the bedroom & bathroom are modern and new.

His booking was for a deluxe room but he & his friends who had similar booked hotel rooms with the hotel for our wedding got a free upgrade to a Suite at the Excelsior Tower.

The room was very spacious, with 2 big windows at 2 different corners. My fiancé could not hear me when I called him from the bathroom as the bathroom was tucked at another corner of the room. Our room faces Coleman Street. It is quiet so you can be assured of a good night sleep after a night of partying at nearby Clarke Quay (like I did!)

For service, the only glitch was the ironing service. The lady spoke very bad English that my fiance could not understand her. He had wanted her to iron his suit for the wedding and we called to request her to come and pick up the suit but instead she came and send us the iron! She said shes going off as her shift is over so we can iron it ourselves or can call tomorrow and she will iron it then. In the end, my fiance got one of his grooms men to iron it for him at our room.

I apologise for not taking more photographs as i did not spend much time in the room after checking in (except the next day to nurse my hangover) as I was busy drinking and partying.
View from Excelsior Tower Suite
Excelsior Tower Suite
spocklogic says:
It's confusing separated into 3 parts...
Posted on: Oct 09, 2014
Peninsula Tower Deluxe Room Oct 09, 2014
This is the final part 3 of 3 of my review of Peninsula Excelsior Hotel. So at the end of this review you will see that I had stayed in both Peninsula & Excelsior Tower, 2 joined hotels with different facilities (they have separate swimming pools, separate concierge areas, separate lift lobbys so to me technically its still 2 separate hotels.

After staying the past few nights at Suites, we now stay in a normal deluxe room for our final night.

The interesting thing about this room is that the open concept bathroom, meaning the big window which allows you to see through into the bathroom from the bedroom.

I would say its a "normal size hotel room". You still have space to walk your way around the room though not as much.

It comes with the usual: mini bar, complimentary drinking water, toiletry sets, tea-coffee making facility, wifi, cable TV, aircon. Bed as usual is comfy and sheets are clean.
Open concept bathroom
Bed and bay window seating area bu…
Deluxe room
Main Lobby area (joined between th…
Bridal Suite at Club Floor Peninsula Tower Oct 09, 2014
Alright this is the long delayed part 2 of 3 of my review of the Hotel.

This review was based on my 1 night stay at the Bridal Suite at Club Floor, we got this complimentary as part of our wedding dinner package.

All the hotel suites are located at Club Floor (level 22 if i recall correctly) and when you are a guest at the Club Floor, you can access the Club Lounge which will give you a fantastic view of the Marina Bay Sands and the city skyscrapers. This makes for a picturesque opportunity for day & night shots. I used the balcony at the sky lounge to take some wedding pictures :)

My Bridal Suite has an awesome view of the Marina Bay Sands. The room is huge with a separate seating area, big windows, 2 doors to enter the bathroom, a big wardrobe and work desk, also comes with 3 bay windows seating area, the complimentary toiletry, drinking water and coffee/ tea making facility, cable TV.

I also receive complimentary fruit palate and breakfast. Breakfast spread is international and asian so you can expect noodles, hashbrowns, fruits, bread and juices.

I love my stay in this suite.
Seating area in Bridal Suite
The main window in Bridal Suite
ErnaButterfly says:
Congratulations on your wedding!
Posted on: Oct 12, 2014
Kurisu Kurisu
Nice hotel in very good location Oct 21, 2011
The Peninsula Excelsior is a four star hotel conveniently located close to City Hall MRT, Singapore.

I stayed there for one night in late Oct. 2011.

Unfortunately, due to my short stay I didn't have a chance to use all of the hotel's facilities (pool, restaurant, ...).

However, I really liked the hotel and my room. They gave me a room with a very nice view to CQ and BQ on one of the higher floors.

The room was quite nice, clean and spacious enough for one person and was nicely equipped with fridge, flat screen TV, safe as well as a nice big shower and comfy beds.

Location of the hotel is really great: It's right next to Funan mall, just 5 minutes walk from City Hall MRT and Raffles City, and just 10 minutes to Clarke Quay or Boat Quay.

Room rates aren't so low, but I was able to get a quite good rate at Agoda.

I'd highly recommend staying at this place, since it's really nice and in almost perfect location to explore the city!
View from room at The Peninsula Ex…
Room at The Peninsula Excelsior, S…
Arora Arora
4 Star Average Jul 03, 2011
Not a good value for money , Service was poor, No Water offered when you pay 200SGD per night , Rooms were not very clean at all? Very Average sort of 2 star facility with 4 star building?

Tele is old style doesn't work. I didn't like it
KeikoCreative KeikoCre…
Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Sep 19, 2009
Peninsula Excelsior is rated 4star hotel in Singapore.

Peninsula Excelsior hotel is well established coming up to 40years in the hotel industry.

During our stay in 2003, the hotel was in the progress of renovation. Probably the photos of the room that I have now will be different outlook compared to the present ones.

For the F1 fans, there is great news as the hotel is just a walking distance from the race track.

Penisula Excelsior hotel is located at the heart of the city only 10 minutes from Raffles, Suntec Convention Center, Esplanade as well as the shopping heaven of Orchard Road.

In addition is nearby to the party hubs of Clarke Quay and Boat Quay.

Cityhall MRT station is just 5minutes walk from the hotel.

The two towers of the Peninsula. Excelsior Hotel offers 600 beautifully decorated rooms and suites above 100 vibrant shopping units with a bird's eye view of the harbor. For the business traveler the hotel offers a Business Center with meeting and seminar rooms making it easy to manage business with pleasure.
Front desk
KeikoCreative says:
Sylvia, u are welcome;) I think now after renovation the rooms will look much nicer;)
Posted on: Sep 20, 2009
sylviandavid says:
Thanks for this nice review.... sylvia
Posted on: Sep 19, 2009
ralph987 ralph987
No value for money Jul 14, 2009
Quite disappointing. Paid too much for the room but only very basic. I keep asking for the newspaper every morning while other rooms were given newspapers automatically every morning. Makes you wonder how inefficient this hotel is.

Peninsula Excelsior Hotel Amenities

• Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Salon
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes