Penguin Village

Penguin Village Rates and Deals

Penguin Village Dahab Reviews

Esparracat Esparrac…
Penguin Village Jun 06, 2011
Penguin village is a budget hotel in Dahab. We offer a fabulous place to rest, relax, discover, dive and have fun. Blending the heritage and hospitality of the Middle East with the convenience and professionalism of the West, Penguin Village offers diving, affordable accommodation, day trips, desert safaris and historic adventures with your safety and comfort in mind. We allow you the choice of a perfectly wrapped package or your own custom designed vacation. With us you can surf the Internet, the waves or simply relax by the sea with a long cool drink.
superlaur superlaur
Needs a bit of bleach!?! Apr 16, 2011
I booked to stay here whilst diving in Dahab. However, when I arrived the room I was allocated smelled so strongly of urine that I decided to move on.

I stayed one night as it was paid for and the next day found somewhere else to stay.

The staff were really helpful and the place seemed nice, even after I'd left the little guy who worked there/owned the place said hello every morning etc.

Their restaurant is nice enough and they give you the complimentary cat water pistol (as everywhere in Dahab does)

I don't know maybe I just got a bad room?
mokel mokel
Good price in dahab Mar 28, 2011
I spent a week in this hostel when i was doing my diving course in Dahab.

i was sleeping in the cheapest room, but it was ok. The price 5 euros per night for an individual room with fan. if you can pay more, there are some nicer rooms. The stuff is nice, and the restaurant in front of the beach is quite good, but its not cheap.

its not in the center of the town; but it doesnt matter because the town is quite small.

Dahab is amazing!
karulm karulm
A laid, back, fun ho(s)tel with a true Dahab vibe Jun 06, 2010
Penguin Village is a backpacker's haven. It is extremely popular and is a great place to make friends. Emad and crew have done a great job with the place and it has really grown over the years. The buildings are crisp white with tiled walkways and has a very open-air feel. You just know you're in for fun and relaxation as soon as you walk in! There are a variety of room categories. My preference - the Seaview room on the top floor w/ac and ensuite bathroom - is quite comfortable and has a balcony with amazing views of the ocean (partial) and rooftop restaurant. It is extremely affordable luxury at 21euro (single occ w/breakfast and wi-fi); 26euro for a double. Other room categories are first floor seaview, back view, rooms with fans, campstyle rooms and the cheapest - dorms - where you pay per bed (3 euros per night without breakfast). Room rates are either inlclusive of wi-fi and breakfast or not; you chooose. Rooms also do not contain blowdryers or televisions but you do not miss them. There are tv screens in the lower restaurant/shisha tent where you can watch just about anything.

The staff here does everything in their power to make you feel comfortable; many people initially sign up for a couple days and end up staying weeks. Penguin just has that very relaxed atmosphere that feels like a home away from home. There is a dive shop attached but I've never used that service. Penguin also does their own trips.

The restaurant is the best part of the hotel! It is literally on the water's edge. There are two floors but the rooftop is where the magic happens at night. Everyone congregrates there after dark for dinner, drinks, shisha and just good old fashioned socializing.

Just as an fYI, the showers are salt water showers. If showering in hot salt water is not your idea of fun, consider staying somewhere else and visiting for the restaurant. The food and vibe are worth it.

The hotel does airport pick ups from Sharm airport for 25euros per car/van, not per person. I would advise booking it and skipping the hassle of haggling with the merciless drivers at the airport.

All in all, Penguin is a chill, relaxed hang out. I definitely recommend.
Lasttraveller Lasttrav…
Cheap on beach hotel Dec 17, 2009
I would say Service is great they booked me a minivan from Cairo, the restuarants in area can be hassling but they all have great prices and lower them, Penguin I can recommend for eating breakfast or having a beer they have a cool rooftop beach stand. Thr rooms are pretty basic and so are bathrooms but it made me feel more exotic while doing my open water, I did it with Bedouin divers I went everywhere in Dahab to check, this is best priced place and I got a 1 on 1 lesson and good dive time, the instructor was from Holland. So Book diving there not from hostel.
Diving at lighthouse