Penang Bridge

04-398 7419

Penang Bridge Reviews

petit_gooroo petit_go…
Penang Bridge Sep 02, 2009
This bridge connects Penang to the mainland of Malaysia. It is 13.5 km lenght, the longest bridge of the country and one of the longest in the world (

It opened in 1985.

I did not cross this bridge, but I saw it from Penang Hill and from the road and liked it !

Note that there is a toll to cross the bridge only to go to Penang ; it is free to leave the Island !

There is a new bridge under construction in Penang - Penang Second Bridge. The built started in 2008 and is supposed to be finished in 2012 as it has been postponed. It will become the longest bridge of Malaysia and Southern Asia, being 24km long.
petit_gooroo says:
(or maybe it was a reference from 1985......... ?! - but they did not write so)
petit_gooroo says:
As I said, I read the third on some websites... But if you look more into it, it is more about being amongst the 20th longest.

I guess it depends what criteria you take (road bridge, above the sea.... ????) to try to make it third lol
melissawong says:
lol.. I'm pretty sure the bridge is not the longest in the world.. not even close to the 3rd. :p

Related Travel Blogs About Penang Bridge

Bridge or Ferry ?
If you are going to Penang island via land, chances are you will be crossing via the bridge. It is apparently 13km long, that makes it in the top 10 longest bridges in the world. And the next Pe…bridges in the world. And the next Penang bridge being built will be connecting the southern…
Penang and Kuala Lumpur Jan 2011
I needed a new Thai visa so returned to Penang last week. It is one of my favorite places and I always love any excuse to go there. On the bus to the airport in Bangkok the trip started out fun talki…Penang Bridge then much of the highway is thru beautiful mountains. I was lucky to have both front seats…

Check Penang Hotel Deals