Pelican Restaurant

2289026226

Pelican Restaurant Mykonos Reviews

meersan meersan
Sep 26, 2005
The Pelican Restaurant is located in Gumenio Square in Mykonos, away from the waterfront. Tables are outdoors beneath an awning and there are plants and foliage to add interest. Named for Mykonos' pelican mascot, this restaurant takes the bird theme to a higher level by placing several bird cages above the tables. I initially thought thebirdsong had to be fake--it sounded just like something produced by a plastic whistle--but investigation revealed the birds to be quite real.Food is standardAegean cuisine including seafood, stuffed tomatoes, moussaka, and other Greek favorites. ThereareEnglish menus available.My group of 10 had an excellent experience here. My one regret is I wish we had not asked to be billed individually (certainly a depressing American custom), because the smile fled from our server's face and I had the feeling this added a great deal of stress for him. If I have the opportunity to return I'll make sure we don't make that mistake again!
meersan says:
No, the birds were not pelicans; they were small birds, possibly finches or canaries. Definitely an interesting experience!
Posted on: May 05, 2007
vances says:
But surely the caged birds were not Pelicans? They are way too big and since I usually hear them each day, I can attest they sound much deeper than a plastic whistle!

Thank you for your well written entries --> you should be a travel writer!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2006