Check Kos Hotel Deals
Pelagos Studios And Apartments Kos Reviews
Affordable Kos hotel May 13, 2010
I stayed here with 4 of my closest friends at the time and I have to say, the hotel facilities were brilliant.
* The swimming pool was a good size and clean
* There was a nice hot-tub type thing :)
* There were enough poolside loungers for all
* Nice towels!
* Every afternoon they offered out free slices of watermelon to people by the pool
* You could join in free pool activities, e.g. pool aqua-robics
* The rooms were a good size and clean
* They had evening activities, e.g. quizzes
* The staff were all very friendly and helpful (I slipped by the pool and they were great)
* The food was good (NB. We were in 2 self-catering apartments though so didn't eat there all the time)
* Mini supermarket nearby for food and drink bits and bobs, batteries etc
It was fairly expensive, but you did get what you paid for :)
However, the beach across the road wasn't the nicest of beaches - quite gritty and rocky - and only had 2 parasols which we never managed to commandeer. Therefore, we spent most of our'lazing time' at the pool.
The hotel is a little trek from Kos itself - a good 15-20 minute walk - although there are restaurants along the way which serve good food, but if you're wanting to get somewhere to see something in the day it can be a bit arduous.
Be careful of roaming dogs as well! My friend gets quite scared of dogs and didn't like walking by some of them - and they're not afraid of you either!
As we went with Thompson we also went on the mountain trip to Zia - which included a meal with free wine and traditional Greek dancing whilst the sunset. The views were great and well worth the ride, as was the dancing - however Zia itself is not much if you were just heading up there for a peek.
Hope this is helpful.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!