Peking International Youth Hostel

Peking International Youth Hostel Rates and Deals

Peking International Youth Hostel Beijing Reviews

dyron_888 dyron_888
The Peking Hostel Experience Jan 07, 2012
The Hostel is in the Heart of the City. It's right beside the Forbidden City and so near to Beijing's attractions. It's not a five star place but the service and helpfulness of the staff are so fabulous! Plus they speak English well so you can ask questions and tips from them. They do not provide breakfast for free but their menu list of food are great and not that quite expensive. Same price or lesser if you buy outside. They do offer free net and wifi, but as you know there's no twitter and facebook in China, so I was not able to maximize my surfing net. Moreover, the place is very near in subway station, so its cool place to stay.

I highly recommend Peking Youth International Hostel, with its cheap price but with quality service, with its best location which is in the heart of Beijing, safety and security of your things, and with the helpfulness of its staff you will definitely enjoy your stay in this place.

Note: reserve the room or bed in advance as this place easily get fully booked even in low season.
heiphi heiphi
a beautiful hostel in the middle of a nice Hutong area Nov 10, 2012
If you are looking for a quiet and comfortable but still affordable hostel in the middle of Beijing, I truly can recommend the Peking International Youth Hostel. It is located in the Nan Luo Gu Xiang - a beautiful but a bit touristy street - near the old Bell and Drum Tower. You can easily walk to the near lakes (Xihai, Houhai, Qianhai, etc.) and to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Near the hostel there are a lot of small restaurants where you can get cheap food. The facilities of the hostel are comfortable and clean. I stayed in an eight bed dorm and it was very comfortable. For every bed there is a locker, where you can lock away your valuables. The staffs of the hostel are very friendly and helpful. Most of them spoke English fluently. But it was also great fun to try to communicate with those who didn’t. The hostel has a very beautiful roof top terrace, where you can sit, drink a cool beer and relax from the exhausting trips and visits. In the entrance area is a nice bar and restaurant. They sell a wide range of drinks and foods. But it’s much cheaper to eat outside the hostel. A lot of Chinese people just come to the restaurant for dinner or a cup of tea.

I really can recommend this hostel to travellers which are looking for a comfortable but still cheap hostel. Of course you can find cheaper ones, but the price is definitely worth it. It’s not a party hostel, which I definitely consider as an advantage. If you are looking for a quiet base for your exploration tours of Beijing, go for this one!
heiphi says:
Actually, the Peking International Youth Hostel runs two hostels. My review is about the one at Nan Luo Gu Xiang (Road). Please Check out google maps for the exact location.
Posted on: Nov 10, 2012
virgotraveler virgotra…
Peking International Youth Hostel May 14, 2011
I chose to stay at this hostel since I'd read good reviews about it. It's also affordable especially if you opt for the dorm type of rooms.Another good thing about this hostel is its location. It's located at the center of Beijing, to the east of the Forbidden City. It's also a walking distance from Wangfujing and its near a subway station. The staff were efficient and the place looked clean and quiet but my main complaint is that it's cramped. Our room was just too small for 8 people.Another problem was whenever I'd get up early in the morning,my roomates would screech when I'd turn the lights on. Too bad everyone was a night owl and I'm a morning person. I suggest that you should just pay a little more so as not to sacrifice your privacy during your stay.If you're on a budget though this is the perfect place and again the staff was really commendable so that's a plus.
dyron_888 says:
do they offer group tour in great wall or ming tombs?
Posted on: Nov 07, 2011
oceans2001 oceans20…
Great option near Forbidden City Aug 19, 2010
This was the best of the 3 hostels I stayed in on my trip to China and among the best of all the ones I have stayed in. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and all seemed to speak reasonably good English. They had a good internet connection and wifi. Food was good, but a bit pricy, but there were a lot of other options nearby. I really liked that there was no smoking in the reception/restaurant area, but they do have an outdoor courtyard for those who wish to smoke. I was happy with the tour to the Great Wall that I booked through them. I was in an 8 person room which was a bit cramped, but otherwise comfortable. Bathrooms were clean and the showers had good water pressure. I also like the key card entry system for security. The location is excellent right in the middle of the city with all amenities you might need within walking distance.
oceans2001 says:
They have a bunch of sight seeing options like the Great Wall that you can sign up for at the reception desk.
Posted on: Nov 13, 2011
dyron_888 says:
do they offer group tour in great wall or ming tombs?
Posted on: Nov 07, 2011