Pearl on the Peak

Pearl on the Peak Hong Kong Reviews

travelman727 travelma…
Voluptuous View From Victoria Peak Mar 21, 2007
PEARL ON THE PEAK

Pearl on the Peak is one place where its vituals, vista and vibrations live up to the hype.

The acclaimed restaurant, opened in Fall 2006, offers fantastic views of Hong Kong due to its unique location in the Peak Tower and its floor to ceiling glass walls. Its ambiance is geared for intimate dining; however, the staff's attentiveness made it a night-to-remember for our group of 14.

Chef Geoff Lindsay of the highly acclaimed Pearl Restaurant in Melbourne, Australia helped create this jewel of the Orient. Lindsay was selected Australia’s 2005 Chef of the Year. His touch and culinary talent is evident in Pearl on the Peak’s diverse, scrumptious dishes and outstanding presentations.

I'm not one much for fancy food; give me a good BBQ sandwich, a baked potato, cole slaw and I'm happy. Yet, I was pleasantly surprised how tasty and filling everything was. The seasonal entree selections included beef, lamb, fish, seafood and pasta. All 14 of us came away from the table with big smiles on our faces.

Pearl on the Peak also has an outdoor terrace that provides a more informal setting with the same great panorama. One note of caution; the weather on top of Victoria Peak varies greatly and changes often. I suggest eating inside - if the weather is nice, you can have dessert or a nightcap outside.

A night here is not cheap. It cost the 14 of us about $1000 for dinner, drinks, tax and tip. However, I’d do it again in a New York minute. How many times in your life do you have an opportunity to have a world-class meal in a world-class restaurant offering a world-class view? :-D
Pearl on the Peak
Hong Kong view from outdoor terrace
alicegourmet says:
If I knew that you are going to HK, I would recommend some restaurants to you guys. I admit that I was really lucky to live in a place where you can enjoy gourmet with reasonable price and fantastic service. I moved to L.A. 2 years ago...I missed the gourmet in Hong Kong a lot!
alicegourmet says:
Is that HK$1000 or US$1000? There's no sales tax in Hong Kong, just 10% service charge will be added on the bill. Usually we will give about 3% for the tips. If you are not satisfied with the service at all, you have no obligation to give any tips.
travelman727 says:
Mavis, splurging like this is nice when you are visiting for only a few days. If I lived in your beautiful Hong Kong, I would go up to the Peak regularly, enjoy the gorgeous scenery, window shop and leisurely sip a cappuccino near a picture window. When I got hungry, I would ride down to the city and eat at a good, cheap restaurant :-D

Related Travel Blogs About Pearl on the Peak

Hong Kong - Explore Hong Kong Island
  HONG KONG ISLAND HIGHLIGHTS    Star Ferry   Riding the Star Ferry between Kowloon and Hong Kong Island is a must and a thrill anytime. The Star Ferries have …Hong Kong’s Central District, Victoria Harbour, Kowloon, Aberdeen and the outlying islands. We dined at Pearl on the Peak

Check Hong Kong Hotel Deals