Pearl City Hotel

Check Colombo Hotel Deals

Pearl City Hotel Colombo Reviews

urtahc urtahc
A Typical Stay Jun 09, 2012
I have 3 days and 2 nights left before going back to my routine life at work so I decided to spend it to Colombo.

My friend had contacted for me the manager of the Pearl City Hotel as my option to stay while in the city. While trusted my friend and since I am not in the city for any other purpose like the other trips I have to, I said yes.

The manager is very efficient. He provided me details of the accommodation and arranged a pick-up car upon my arrival as per our request. The lift was there in the airport bearing a card with my name in it.

The hotel is located as we enter the city. From the outside itself it looks dilapidated. And by time worn out. It gives me the impression of a typical off town country scenario.

The entrance of the guests are through access of the behind the hotel. The hotel foyer is not even visible when one has to pass by in front. Though the building has enough floor more or less 10th or more, it can only be noticed from afar.

The hotel is managed by men. Yes I did not literally saw any women working or attending in the lobby. I never even heard even on the phone for guest room services.

I arrived in the hotel very exhausted from the almost 2hrs travel from the airport to the city at high noon. Very hot weather during that time. I can't complain but i sleep. I could have been much sensitive of my surroundings but my flesh is dying.

The room for me alone is ample. But I know they are not that clean and tidy. I saw some insects crawling on the wall and the side tables. I know the room is old and even the entire building. The toilet is old fashioned and the sink is terrible as the water sips down to the floor.

I can hear the voices of others who passed by. And most of the time I am feeling terrified what commotion is happening and the pounds of the walker by were obvious.

I did able to connect to the internet so I called the I.T. And without much waiting he was there to attend my need.

The travel coordinator was very pleasant and attentive. They were able to provide me a car for my whole day tour to the farther elephant orphanage site until the kanda. I decided to get one because I have not time to make my own arrangement and since the heat of the weather is hard to bear commuting public transport.

The hotel is walking distance to the town's best school and famous street itself. What i appreciate most is there is the Majestic Mall nearby where KFC and Pizza Hut are available. There are also choices of the small stores nearby.

The dining area is small. I must understand the hotel do not serve heavy buffet.

Over all , the staffs specially my driver is very kind, respectful and trust worthy.

I recommend the hotel for those who want to save their penny instead. But really Colombo was just a stay for me.
THE TOILET