Peace & Love Hostel

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Peace & Love Hostel Paris Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Small quirky hostel out of the city centre Jan 04, 2013
I stayed at Peace & Love for one night.

The hostel is quite out of the centre, but close to the Louis Blanc metro station.

I found it inconvenient that I had to pay in cash although in the hostel's defense I had turned up without a booking. The man on reception was quite weird & the girl who checked me out the next day had a bizarre sense of humour & was slightly sarcastic & rude, although there was a friendly Australian girl who also worked there.

I was in a 3-bed dorm at the very top of the hostel. There were a lot of steps to climb in a very narrow spiral staircase & it was quite difficult taking all of my luggage up. Even up on the fourth floor I thought the traffic was quite loud at night (lots of sirens) on the streets below. The hostel is located at the corner of a busy network of roads. The room itself was small & cramped but had a wash basin & mirror, & an ensuite shower in the room, but no lockers in the rooms. I found the hostel to be clean & warm enough

There was just one communal computer that I wanted to use but it was out of service, which was not great. There was free wifi but only between certain hours during the day. There was no breakfast provided although the bar downstairs at reception had a good atmosphere the evening I got there & drinks seemed quite cheap. There was also a small kitchen that guests could use in the basement (& lockers for valuables).

One thing I found very strange about this hostel was that there was just one key for each room so it had to be left in the room unless the last person left the room. Then s/he would have to hand the key back in to the bar & if the other room mates came back then they would have to recollect the key from the bar. It didn't effect me too much as I stayed in the room for most of the night although it could be very inconvenient for a lot of guests.

I paid 22 euros for one night, which I guess would be average for Paris. I only stayed there as I couldn't find anywhere else nearby in my price range & I was exhausted. I doubt I would stay there again although I could see the appeal it might have for others.
View from the room