Peace Cafe

Mcleodganj, India

Peace Cafe Mcleodganj Reviews

fullstopindia fullstop…
Not as good as it was before, skip and go to Gakyi Nov 05, 2009
I first visited this place back in 2006 during my initial stay in Mcleodganj. My experience was very positive which is what drove me back in for breakfast just a few weeks ago. Time has not been good to Peace Cafe.

We stopped in just after 8 A.M. to a fairly full cafe. We were given menus promptly and our orders were taken quickly. As with many of the Tibetan restaurants in the area you are given a small piece of paper and pencil with your menu. You write down your order and hand to the servers.

A simple order of boiled eggs, muesli, momos and chai was not delivered as ordered. We had to explain the order, not a hassle by any means but a bad sign. The tea was very bland and overpriced...just Rs 4 on the street and much tastier. The muesli was not really muesli but corn flakes spread on curd and some fruit on top. For Rs 60 it was overpriced. Even the momos were disappointing.

As much as I liked this place originally, I have to say skip it for now. Maybe new owners, maybe a bad morning to visit them...but it’s just not worth the money when there are so many great choices in this town.

Check Mcleodganj Hotel Deals