Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel

Check Lima Hotel Deals

Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel Lima Reviews

anupa_rk anupa_rk
Close to airport, far from all else. Jul 04, 2015
The main reason that I chose this hostel was that it was advertised as being real close to the airport and offered an airport pick up service. I was landing at night and didn’t want to deal with taxis and directions as soon as I landed. So this seemed like a safe bet. I booked a 4 bed dorm and requested an airport pick up.

The guy at the hostel gave us our keys and showed us the dorm. There was also water (and beer, and pisco sour) available for purchase.

The dorm was actually quite nice. It was clean and comfortable and had an attached restroom. There were also lockers that would fit a nice big backpack. You had to have your own lock though.

The beds were comfortable and warm. Almost too warm! The only thing that disturbed my sleep was a bright blue light from the street that was right in my face through the only window in the room. I had to finally switch my sleeping position to avoid the light.

The breakfast in the morning was reasonably fine as well. There was bread, butter and jam along with fruits and tea. Oh and there were avocados too!

The breakfast was served in the common area which was actually done up very nicely. There were little tables with stools, a foosball table, books to read..

I asked for a ride back to the airport soon after breakfast. It was convenient to get a ride to and from the airport, but I felt the 20 soles they charged was a wee bit much.

Nonetheless, if you are looking for a place to crash enroute to other parts of Peru, I think this is a good place to pick.
jethanad says:
well done
Posted on: Jun 11, 2016
WalterC says:
Looks like my kind of place!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2015
Cho says:
Looks like your temporary writers block (I have it too at times) didn't stop you from getting this review featured. Congratulations!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2015

Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel Overview

Located in Callao, the Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel is a perfect base while in Lima.

Larco Museum, Historic Centre of Lima and Plaza Mayor are within driving distance of the Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel. Estadio San Martin de Porres, Estadio Universidad San Marcos and Government Palace can be reached with a 20 minute drive. The centre of Lima is 20 minutes away by car. The location of the hostel allows guests to easily reach many tourist attractions on foot. National University of San Marcos is a 20 minute car ride from the hostel.

Pay Purix Backpackers Hostel Amenities

• Kitchenette
  • Microwave
  • TV
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels