Pax Americana

4319 Montrose Boulevard, Houston, TX, USA - 713-239-0228
Pax Americana - Scrambled duck eggs on toast!
Pax Americana - Sausage with new potatoes entree (I did ask for Tabasco to accompany).
Pax Americana - Pax Americana - a lovely dining establishment in Houston's Museum District
Pax Americana - Lounge area at Pax Americana's outdoor seating.
Pax Americana - Beverage Journal....write soon!

Pax Americana Houston Reviews

vances vances
A piece of peace Jul 25, 2015
For dinner I retraced steps to one of several eateries passed during a day of strolling about the Museum District (there are a fair number of restaurants, but not excessive), largely based on an enticing menu with no dress code requirement. Pax Americana proved to be a big ticket item, but a savory meal would more than justify the investment.

It was about 6:30PM on a Saturday evening when I ducked inside, and the joint was packed to overflowing. Fortunately they offer outdoor seating and because the Texas sun had not yet set, that arena was wide open (it was either that or sit at the bar, where full dinners may be ordered). There was a fan blowing and several tables in the shade, so outdoors proved a comfortable option.

Even better, I enjoyed exclusive service as my waitress had to keep venturing into the great outdoors to check on me. She was quite professional and friendly, letting me know my haven would begin getting quite popular just before 8PM. I probably departed around 7:30PM and would only be joined by a single party of four.

But you want to hear about the food, right? YUMMY! I ordered soft scrambled duck eggs on toast for an appetizer (included salmon and avocado) and pork sausage with new potatoes for my entrée. Both were scrumptious, well prepared and well presented. I was delighted by the drink list, titled the “Beverage Journal” and washed my food down with a draft Blonde Bombshell from a local brewery.

Dropped a few dollars here, but a lovely indulgence to cap a lovely day in Houston’s Museum District.
Pax Americana - a lovely dining es…
Lounge area at Pax Americana's out…
Beverage Journal....write soon!
Scrambled duck eggs on toast!
vances says:
They were creamier (though that may have been owing to preparation) and delicious. Since it has been a few weeks I can't remember well enough to give you a comparison, Jenn. Guess I need to have some more!

Posted on: Aug 19, 2015
jenn79 says:
duck eggs!! do they taste different from chicken eggs??
Posted on: Aug 19, 2015
vances says:
It was delicious, Nancy --- thank you!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2015