Paupio Namai

Paupio Namai Rates and Deals

Paupio Namai Vilnius Reviews

Phistra Phistra
Reasonable guesthouse Sep 24, 2012
Paupio namai is a inconspicious guesthouse in the East of Vilnuis, about 10-15 walking minutes from the center. The surroundings looks humble: The condition of the street is rather bad. The guesthouse is a quadratic building, which certainly wouldn't win a architecture price.

On the access road were homeless cats roaming.

Directly at the hotel are many trees, it's a really quiet place.

I spent two nights in Paupio Namai.

When you check-in you neither get a key nor a magnet-card, but a code! You have to type this code at your room door to enter. I guess, this could be bothering typing every time when you stay longer.

Paupio Namai has a dining room, where the guests prepare their own meal. The kitchen looked pretty well and clean.

The room-sizes differs from single bed to 8-bed rooms. I slept in a single room without bathroom. The shared bathrooms are on the corridor and there are very small. You have hardly space when you pay a visit.

The 8-bed rooms are obviously not for classic backpackers who "rent" beds, but for families or tourist groups. That's at least the impression when you read the webpage of Paupio Namai.

The price-system looks strange and there are, independent from the number of beds, little differences of what you pay: A single traveller pays 70 Litas (20 €) per night, while the price for one person in a five-bed room is 65 Litas (19 €). The 8-bed room costs 50 Lts (15 €).

In fact, Paupio Namai is a quiet place for singles, couples, families and groups and NOT for party-people.

People, who dislike hustle and bustle and want to accomodate cheaply, should book at Paupio Namai.

Besides it is very clean!

A disadvantage is the reception time: From 9-20 hrs. Later or earlier you have no chance to come in.

Actually I was very content with Paupio Namai, if I hadn't a bad experience with the reception in the evening before I checked out. When I checked in, I left unintentionally a transparent film at the reception, which contained some important things (among them bus tickets). When I was searching desperately these film in my luggage the evening before leaving, I asked the receptionist as last resort. It was the same woman when I checked in and she could remember that I forgot something. She began looking for this film on her desk but couldn't find it. She even looked in the waste-paper basket!

After 10 minutes of searching and repeating to look into the same places, an unsuccesful phone call to her colleague, I remembered that I saved my bus tickets in my email folder and I could print them again. So, this incident ended happily. But I was disappointed, that they carelessly loss my important documents and that they hadn't advise me before I asked.

I could print my tickets, but what would had happened, if I could not?

This incident dampened the good impression of this hostel...
Homeless cats on the access road t…
The guesthouse

Paupio Namai Overview

With its central location, Paupio Namai Hotel is within easy reach of most tourist attractions and business addresses in Vilnius. The Paupio Namai Hotel boasts a convenient location with modern amenities in every guestroom and superb service. Each of the hotel's guestrooms offers non smoking rooms, shower. Hotel facilities offered at this Vilnius accommodation include laundry service/dry cleaning, disabled facilities, tours, business center, pets allowed. In addition, the hotel's guests can enjoy the leisure and sports facilities provided on the premises: garden. The hotel provides a warm and welcoming service of international standard. To proceed with this reservation at the Paupio Namai Hotel, please enter your visit dates and follow our secure online booking form.

Paupio Namai Amenities

• Excursions
  • Garden
  • Photocopier
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels