Paulista Grill

Asuncion, Paraguay

Paulista Grill Asuncion Reviews

mdfehmel mdfehmel
Casual Steak House in Asuncion Aug 03, 2010
Upon first impression, this place wasn't much to look at. At first I thought it was a cheesy buffet. As I looked around, I saw a large salad bar and a typical looking main line with what appeared to be different pastas and other filling foods. My local contact quickly told me that I was to use the salad bar only and not to fill up on the main line offerings - "this place isn't known for that" he said. The entire left side of the restaurant is an open kitchen with several wood fire grills with Brazilian style sword-like skewers mounted above them. The army of chefs would grab these skewers as the meat was ready and pass them to the waiters who wander around offering the beef / chicken / sausages to the patrons. "This is what they are know for" my colleague told me. Despite my cholesterol probably rising a few points here, I would not only recommend it, but look forward to my return visit. All the way on the right wall of the restaurant is the dessert bar. I'm a sucker for flan and can never say no. Their desserts looked delicious (the flan was), but I had no room for anything else and did not want to reenact the "thin mint" scene from Monty Python's Meaning of Life. Over time, the small offerings you receive here surely add up and before long, you will need assistance walking back to your car!!
The army of waiters waiting to bri…

Check Asuncion Hotel Deals