Paton's Hummingbird Haven

477 Pennsylvania Avenue, Patagonia, AZ, USA

Paton's Hummingbird Haven Patagonia Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
One of the best places to watch Hummingbirds in Arizona Aug 14, 2006
When one talks of bird watcher's paradise, this place is worth mentioning. So many birds and quite a bird genius guide to help you understand the birds here. I got into liking hummingbirds because my friend Judy is such a hummingbird lover and I got hooked just like that. They are such small birds and it seems they are continuously flapping their little wings.

The bird genius I'm referring to is Larry the homeowner of the bird haven. They have a great collection of chairs for visitors to sit on to learn and watch the birds. I was taken in, and I'm not even a bird watcher per say. I saw the Violet-crowned hummingbird, they are quite many at the house. There is a canopy to protect visitors from the sun or rain. Chairs and bird books are provided. The bank of hummingbird feeders is well maintained and labeled to help you identify the birds easily, which bird to look at when a rarity shows. A water feature draws birds to one end of the yard; platform and hanging feeders to the far end..

Paton's house is still one of the best place for the hummers in Arizona and US at large. Morning hours are the best from what Larry says. They take donations, please do not forget to leave a donation if you visit.
Hummingbird says:
This looks like a great place for us to stop and see the hummers. Thanks for doing the review! :)
Posted on: Mar 22, 2013