Patogh Cafe and Shisha Bar

(403) 457-2728

Patogh Cafe and Shisha Bar Calgary Reviews

ladyluck13and7 ladyluck…
Bin Laden's Hideout Jul 28, 2010
This restaurant is like a little cave on 7th street, dark and smoky with lots of cops constantly looking inside suspiciously.

Actually it's pretty respectable, but Bin Laden would still have a great time here.

When I came in, I was the only woman in a restaurant with like 11 guys in it. I was glad I had the silhouette of a potato that day with my loose black dress.

I sat down in the middle of the cafe. I glanced over to the back. Some of the guys (customers!) appeared to be full of creepy self-confidence. They shot me a coy "I-had -your-mother-last-night-and-she-was-really-good" look.

His friends blew rings of smoke from the hookah and did their best to look like evil sidekicks.

For a moment I felt like Alice in Wonderland with the caterpillar.

Then

All of a sudden I had the inclination to cover my face. Unfortunately the only thing nearby was a paper napkin with weird red streaks

I ordered from the menu

A slim young man with very pointy shoes brought me a roast beef sandwich. It was wrapped in foil. But it was on a plate, which was odd.

Were the plates dirty?

Did he want to make me feel special?

Did he know about my ADD and my penchant for shiny things?

Was there too much foil in the restaurant?

I don't know

The sandwich was very spicy and very good..

The meat was thick and high quality.

It was on a French-but-not style baguette bread thingy.

I enjoyed the sandwich very much. I enjoyed it even more when King Leer and his crew left.

I went to the washroom where I saw a weird picture of a baby wrapped in pink toilet paper hung on the wall.

Who had put it there?

I checked the men's washroom and they did not have a counterpart to the weird baby in pink toilet paper

Were they trying to say:

"Look miss, we're really sorry a lot of our clientèle are rather creepy, but please accept this as a symbol of our condolence. We know women like pink, and we know women like babies. Pretty please."

The restaurant staff were very nice. I noticed it was all men and they all wore pointy leather shoes.

Now I know what to wear when I come next time.

The slim young man came down and sat beside me. Turns out he was Afghani, but lived his life in Iran.

I am so lucky to live in Canada.

My fiancee came inside and chased him off. ..

I guess he was trying to send me a message by wrapping my sandwich in foil, superfluously

Ladies take note

If you visit Calgary I will bring you here.
I would've had the delicious pastr…
See, weird napkins with red streak…
See! Weird baby in women's washroo…
ladyluck13and7 says:
Perhaps we should have sold HAC a pastry
RyanCorrea says:
Clare maybe he was one of those Gentle & Gulliable people that you hope to find one day...lol...maybe the entire family line ended with him. ;)
ladyluck13and7 says:
I almost get the idea he relished getting rejected by attractive people (he wasn't too nice looking) so he could sulk and be inspired to write pretty fairy tales

Check Calgary Hotel Deals