Patio Hostel

Patio Hostel Rates and Deals

Patio Hostel Bratislava Reviews

seangee seangee
Ok place Jun 16, 2011
From previous reviews I gather our crew had a different experience- we booked a three bed room and it was solid for the price. Had big windows, clean, and the communal showers were solid enough. We stayed for three nights over a weekend so that may have had something to do with it but it was crazy rowdy due to an excess of stag parties and screaming children playing in the parking lot. At one point around noon I looked out the window to see what the commotion was about and a dude in his underwear was getting an ice cream cone slapped about his face by his friend. There was nonstop singing by drunken bafoons, dudes throwing there shoes and other clothing out the windows, and the kitchen was right outside our door, so our place smelled awful. They do have free laundry to do yourself but I guess being American I couldn't figure out what they called a dryer- I'd call it a steamer. The one thing that got me was that the staff had the nerve to ask us to be quite at 6am when we were smoking cigarettes and talking out front one late night and we obliged but they never said a word to the hordes of knuckleheads- I guess we seemed more reasonable. The location for old town and partying was excellent and was within a 10-15 minute walk to the bus station. The tesco across the street was very convenient and there was also an all night kebab joint between the hostel and old town that may have had the best late night food we ate all throughout our travels. So it does have it's good points. Although I think I would give the hostel blues across the street a look before this joint.
screaming kids
Patio Hostel is tucked into a quiet section off from the main road Spitalska by an alley. It's quite easy to reach, especially if you are entering Bratislava from Vienna. From the new bridge, cross the Old Town, and look for the tall building of Hotel Kijev beside the big department store. The short alley leading to Patio Hostel is across this location. Quiet but bright, absence of rowdy patrons, clean, and located close to the Old Town are Patio Hostel's clear advantages. Stayed there twice, and won't hesitate to stay there again when I return to Bratislava soon.
wabbid_wabbit wabbid_w…
Clean, comfortable, friendly Jan 25, 2010
Very helpful staff, central location, comfortable, good for large groups. Good value for money
slayerspike slayersp…
Oct 12, 2009
This place is clean and they are really helpful. They have free internet and washing facilities. Only downside is that they do not serve breakfast and it is a bit on the quiet side.
slayerspike says:
Big downside during our last night/last morning here: The showers broke so none of us could have a shower the night before or in the morning when checking out!

The TV in the common room was also busted.
Posted on: Oct 14, 2009
incha incha
super Sep 25, 2009
A really good hostel. Good common room, small kitchens on each of the three levels. Jacob on reception was particularly great and helped us with our needs. Very central location to old town and easy to find using trams. Overall though a very good hostel and I would recommend staying here whilst you are in Bratislava. The directions were unbelievably terrible that's the only negative thing.
Jul 31, 2007
This is a nice Hostel lying around 5mins walk from Old Town. There is a cheap pizza resturant in the next house and a supermarked on the other side of the road.

Good athmosphere, but not so many people in the common rooms, but in the evening most people are going outside to the courtyard to party, but it has to be quiet by 22.00

Nice , Clean, Great location, good athmosphere. Be carefull if you are sleping in the top bunk, the beds are not so sturdy
vodkaphix says:
Great Hostel and staff for the price, within 5 mins walk to MCdonalds if you dont like Slovak food, which can be sampled at ´slovak pub´ 2 streets away. On offer is a 10% discount for diners who are staying at PATIO HOSTEL. TIP. explore other establishments outside of the tourist area for great prices.
Posted on: Nov 17, 2007

• Laundry service
  • Excursions
  • Garden
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels