Patara Elephant Farm

Chiang Mai, Thailand

Patara Elephant Farm Chiang Mai Reviews

magnificent magnific…
A Powerful Experience Nov 21, 2009
Comparative to many of the Elephant type of attractions it is on the higher side but what you get is so much more. A GREAT VALUE for what you get. Just do it, you will be happy you did.

This is a very special experience that deeply moved me. Check out their website where they share what they really are about.

I really appreciated the "Elephant Owner for a Day" program and would definitely do it again (there is the Elephant Nature Park where I want to volunteer next time I go).

Before going to the Patara Farm I did a trek thing which included an hour elephant ride. It was okay but very touristic and I did not like the way they treated these Majestic animals. Patara really do care for the Elephants and you can tell it is like a big family.

This is a full day of interaction with these majestic animals. They picked me up from my guesthouse early morning (so no late night partying). We received education and some instruction upon arriving. After you connected with the elephant you will be with bribing them with food (smiles), there was brushing, bathing, riding, swimming, eating, reconnecting, and saying good bye :(

At the end of the day (I am not ashamed to say) I cried. It was hard to hold back the tears after I connected with my elephant. It was a very happy day!!!

You can take all the photos you want, which I took a few but they take the photos and videos which is included in the cost of the program.
MajesticTara says:
Patara is at the top of my list for Chiang Mai - thanks for the review.
Posted on: Apr 21, 2010
magnificent says:
Absolutely! End of the year I am going for, Europe in August first.
Posted on: Apr 07, 2010
iramalama says:
Sounds fun. Any plans to head back yet?
Posted on: Apr 07, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Patara Elephant Farm

Chiang Mai experience
One of the most memorable experiences I had in Thailand was in Chiang Mai at the Patara Elephant Farm. AFter seeing some of the ways elephants were treated around Thailand I was definitely ready to e…Chiang Mai at the Patara Elephant Farm. AFter seeing some of the ways elephants were treated around Thailand I was definitely…

Check Chiang Mai Hotel Deals