Pastisseria La Colmena

Placa de l'Angel 12, Barcelona, Spain

Pastisseria La Colmena Barcelona Reviews

Ils1976 Ils1976
a historic building filled with yummy things Aug 15, 2013
This bakery if you can call it that, is located in the "Barrio Gotico" of the city, just across the metro station Jaume I and is probably one of the most beautiful buildings of the entire square.

Not only the building is worthwhile gazing at, they even sell lots and I literally mean lots of yummy things.

I can only tell you that looking through the window glasses of the shop is at your own risk coz by doing so, you are hooked and I know for sure that 9 out of 10 people who actually looked at all those yummy things went inside and came out of the building with something delicious in their hands, just like me and my best buddy!

Still craving for something sweet, the two of us tried the famous "palmier", a puff pastry with lots of sugar, so what is not to like ... right!? ;)

But besides lots of different cookies, handmade sweets and all kinds of bread, pies, cakes, tarts and not to mention my all time favorite meringue you also get a big smile with every purchase.

Although the staff doesn't exactly speak English, I guess every one with basic Spanish can help themselves and otherwise there is always sign language as well. Just by pointing at all the yummy things, I am sure you get out of the shop with the thing you always wanted.

I can honestly say that this place is a thumbs up and whenever you happen to be in the vicinity, give yourself a small break and enjoy the best that life has to offer!
the place to be
lots and lots of yummy cookies
meringue as far as you can see
Ils1976 says:
Thanks Scot and yes, food is always nice! Thanks for the congrats everybody, it was quite a surprise but a nice one nevertheless! :D
Posted on: Feb 04, 2015
Jacqinmiddenamerika says:
Congrats on your featured review!! Way to go!! :D
Posted on: Feb 02, 2015
hanleyscot says:
Congrats on your feature! You selected a fun subject!
Posted on: Feb 02, 2015