Pasteis De Belem

Rua de Belem n84 a 92, Belem, Portugal
Pasteis De Belem - Pasteis de Belem
Pasteis De Belem - You dress your own Pasteis - as much, or little as you like.
Pasteis De Belem - Exterior - be happy if the line isn't out of the door.
Pasteis De Belem - Interior.
Pasteis De Belem - Yum!!!

Pasteis De Belem Reviews

gillybob gillybob
Sweet Yumminess!! Jun 27, 2015
This Portuguese cake shop doesn't just provide food for the tummy - it provides food for the eyes too!

Antonio had arranged for us to receive a FREE Pasteis de Belem (provided by Lisbon City Hall) at this wonderful establishment.

It was packed to the rafters when we visited just at lunchtime on our Friday tour of Lisbon but they have many seating areas with rooms leading off rooms. We each had a delicious, slightly warm Pasteis de Belem - and I had a 'proper' lemonade made from fresh lemons with mine - and both were absolutely divine!

Favorite Dish: Pasteis de Belem - a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips but worth every single moment!

UPDATE : June 2015*

I was visiting Lisbon with friends and we decided to return to Belem and to the wonders that are Pasteis de Belem. This time we travelled out to Belem via train from Cais do Sodre in Lisbon and headed to the estuary side for a view down the river to the sea before popping over to Pasteis de Belem for a late breakfast. Again, the pastries were heavenly with a beautiful crispness to the pastry and a lightness and warmth to the custard.

Highly recommended.
Pasteis de Belem
You dress your own Pasteis - as mu…
Interior.
Exterior - be happy if the line is…
loripori says:
Those pastries were delicious.
Posted on: Feb 06, 2017
SWFC_Fan says:
I may indulge in a few of these next week! ;-)
Posted on: Feb 06, 2017
jefrois jefrois
A Must if you are in Belem!!! Nov 13, 2007
After taking in the history and beauty of Belem it is time to enjoy one of its culinary delights :)

Legend has it that Casa Pastéis de Belém was the first place outside the Jeronimo Monastery selling Pasteis de Nata, a custard filled dessert, called Pastéis de Belém by the locals, after the name of the area. Since 1837, locals and tourists alike have come here to get them warm out of the oven and sprinkled with as much cinnamon and powdered sugar as they please! Come in, have one, two, or six like I did :)))

You can't help but love these sugary goodies when you try to tell yourself to stop, you end up eating one more haha
Yum!!!
farfalla84 says:
is true, os pastéis de belém are amazing. But you have to eat the pastéis de belém as soon as you buy (with a litle bit of sugar and cinnamon) because they lose the crispness after a while.
Posted on: Sep 03, 2010
hannah-lou says:
Wish Id seen this town of Portugal! Next time..
Posted on: Mar 13, 2009
jefrois says:
its true, you really can't eat less than 6 :)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2008
davidx davidx
Worth all that's said - but don't wait! Mar 11, 1999
Belem is a great area of Lisbon near the Tagus and that long, crowded at rush-hours bridge. It has wonderful attractions like the Jeronimos Monastery, the monument to the discoverers, the Tower of Belem and at least two good museums - and yet almost every website about the place tells you not to miss trying the Pasteis de Belem and what are they - Custard Tarts!! Why?

I am not good at describing tastes and I had never thought of custard tarts as being my scene. However with even the Rough Guide, my almost bible, joining in the advice I had to give them a try. My late friend and I sought and found the shop, bought and ate some pasteis - and they were absolutely terrific.

We bought some more to take away - and ate them on the same street. We bought yet more to take away - which brings me to the sad bit. They don't keep well. They were OK later but the crispness and the special nature were gone.

So I join the Rough Guide and the websites in advising you to buy pasteis de Belem - but don't delay - EAT!
Vipin says:
love them!! and i did eat them there and then too!!
Posted on: Dec 19, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Pasteis De Belem

Jeronimo Monastery, Tower of Belem, Monument to the Discoveries, Pasteis de Belem(yum!)
We made our way to Belem, which is only a few miles outside Lisbon, easy to get to by tram or taxi from Praca de Commercio... The first stop was Mosteiro dos Jerónimos, Jeronimos Monaster…Pasteis de Belem... Pastéis de Belém is a a small cream tart found throughout Portugal's pastry shops or cafés…
Yummy custard tarts in Belem
Inspired by the food of the previous day, I decided to focus on the area of Belem which is just on the outskirts of Lisbon. The Pasteis de Belem are these wonderful custard tarts that are very famous…Belem which is just on the outskirts of Lisbon. The Pasteis de Belem are these wonderful custard tarts…
Lisbon, Portugal
Once again we stay at the fabulous Le Meridien Hotel. We will be their guests for three nights. And they sure know how to treat their guests. At check-in, we get upgraded to a city view room, with…Pasteis de Belem . Here you can eat the best Pasteis de natas!! It's close to the Tour de Belem

Compare Monchique Hotel Rates (2.9km away)

Belem Map