Passions of Paradise

1 Spence Street, Cairns, Australia - (07) 4041 1600

Passions of Paradise Cairns Reviews

applewoman applewom…
Passions of Paradise, a lovely tour to the outer reef Dec 21, 2010
Passions of Paradise is a catamaran that brings you to the outer reef. In the catamaran you can stay inside or go outside.

The crew gives a lot of info during the trip. You get a safety lecture as well. You can go scuba diving, even if you have never done that before. We didn’t do that cause my son is just 9-years old. The divers were just a small group of 6 people. They even saw turtles.

My son and I went snorkelling. A great experience too cause we never have done that before. You can snorkel from Michaelmas Cay. Such a beautiful island! It's infact a bird sanctuary.

After the snorkel adventure we had a very nice lunch aboard. More than enough to eat, I ate two platters.

From Michaelmas Cay it was just a 5-minutes sail to Paradise Reef. There you can go snorkeling or diving in open sea. The reef is amazing! So beautiful! If you don’t feel safe, you can join a group with a guide that takes out people with a large float so they would feel safe.

The snorkelgear is for free. Diving I don’t know. You can hire a wet suit, not that expensive at all. The snorkel gear is really amazing. I went snorkeling on an other trip later on my holiday and the mask and tube were leaking. Very annoying. With Passions of Paradise nothing like that, quality equipment. You can hire a waterproof camera as well.

On the way back I joined a lecture about the sea life. One of the crew members is a biologist so it was very interesting.

In the afternoon we got tea or coffee and biscuits.
On a catamaran to the outer reef
Enjoying the sun on the catamaran
Michaelmas Cay, a bird sanctuary