Parrilla& Canilla

J. J. Tablada 60 Col Santa Maria de Guido, Morelia, Mexico

Parrilla& Canilla Morelia Reviews

monky monky
Parrilla &Canilla Aug 25, 2011
This restaurant is located a few blocks away of my home and is relatively new in the area it was opened not so long time ago. Then it was sort of about a month ago when I went with my family with the curiosity of exploring this new restaurant very convenient situated near my place. The first visit was very good we did not get dissappointed the concept is about Italian typical food such as pizzas pastas, wines and the menu is completed with a combination of grill dishes, salads, and desserts. The restaurant is a renovated place that has a big garden with some children attractions to keep busy the kids.

Inside the restaurant the place looks like nice and comfortable place with a modern decoration of walls. Tables are nicely set up, the place is clean, and staff is friendly prices are ok to the quality of dishes.

Unfortunately now I must have to talk about my two experiences there, that were very different. The first one was great, excellent dishes were very good served waitresses were paying attention all the time about all we needed portions of food were more than enough quality of food was very good and the most important prices were surprisingly a little cheap considering all we had had.

Next time a couple of weekends later of first visit we decided to go again and this time we invited my sister's family to try that nice food but the experience was very different. The first thing that happened was that my sister had not the time to be there for lot hours so she asked them if it was possible that she had her food and her children food soon around one hour or so because they had to travel out of city and the staff said no problem. Then, she politely asked for the menus to order their dishes but at the same time the rest of us we made very clear that there was no problem to wait for our orders came at its right time. When all this happened it was still early and the restaurant was empty so basically we were the first customers and therefore we had the whole attention of staff.

Of course little by little it was a matter of maybe around half an hour later when more customers arrived but yet the restaurant was not so crowded. So, the thing is that probably it happened 20 minutes since we arrived when my sister ordered the dishes for her and family and it was maybe around another 20 minutes when the rest of us ordered our respective dishes. By this time the restaurant was busier but not so packed or full. Anyway, it passed around one hour of being there when my sister started asking about if her dishes were coming soon and the answer was yes they are coming...but it happened another half an hour and no dishes came so we continue asking about what had happened with my sister's dishes and the only answer we got was yes the dishes are coming very soon! but nothing after a while we just looked at other tables customers were having their dishes when they had got to the place much later than us.

At this time my sister was really upset and none of the waitresses seemed to know what really had happened with her orders and just said sorry almost ready it is coming soon.

After this you can have an idea what happened at the end with the rest of the story, they took probably another 45 minutes to take our dishes to our table but at our suprise my sister dishes did not show up with all the rest of dishes!! therefore, she had to leave without eating from the restaurant after probably two hours of just having a drink but none food and with her dishes packed in plastic containers to take away and the apology of the staff.

It seemed to us obviously a total lack of coordination and organization between all the staff to deal with customers. Of course they excused themselves and their explanation was about that very day one waiter did not show up and the rest of staff had to deal with the whole work but another thing happened as well to make even worst the situation when we were still there one of the waitresses exactly the one who firt took our order had an accident in the garden and could not continue working and attenting customers.

Now back to our dishes that day, we noticed it was not so nice served as first time it seemed as if they had reduced the portion sizes comparing to first time and as if all was prepared in a hurry same thing happened as well with the desserts but not with the prices haha because in fact all the menu prices had been increased in a little percentage comparing to our first time in most dishes.

In conclusion the restaurant is nice the food is good and prices are acceptable but the impression we had it is that they need to pay attention to details like those that happened to us they need to organize themselves better and to have more staff available to deal with a full and packed place otherwise soon they are going to be losing customers and people is just deciding to go to any one of the many other choices we have in the city that offers similar kind of food.
Entrance of restaurant.
A general view of restaurant
Garden for kids entertainment.
A table set up.
duma says:
Reminds me a bit of here: the more often one returns to certain shops, the more prices are being raised :))) Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Sep 23, 2016
monky says:
Thank you so much for dropping by here your comments and smiles over this review!:)
Posted on: Aug 28, 2011
goezi says:
Wow, difficult time for your family with travel pressures Monica. I hope they made it back home safely. C:
Posted on: Aug 28, 2011