Parque National Volcan Masaya
Masaya Volcano National Park, Nicaragua
Parque National Volcan Masaya Masaya Volcano National Park Reviews
Parque National Volcan Masaya May 12, 2010
If you are in Granada I can strongly recommend that you take an organized trip to Parque National Volcan Masaya. We used Tierra Tours that operates from the city centre in Granada and they pick you up at your hotel in their mini bus.
We were the first car in the National Parque that morning which meant that we in the beginning had it all to ourselves; which always is nice when you take pictures. The park is the largest in Nicaragua and it was also the first.
There are many options and things to explore in the Parque.
1. The so called Los Coyote Trail; where you walk in tropical dry forest
2. The Visitors Centre; which contains exhibitions of lava, insects and botanic of the area
3. The El Comolita Trail where you have fumes rising up on the slope and foot of an active volcanic cone
4. A huge balled rock, which was left by an ancient lava flow from the Masaya volcano
5. The Oviedo’s Square, which is the main look-out to where you can drive.
6. The Bobadilla Cross look-out, where there is a replica of the cross places by the Catholic Frier Francisco de Bobadilla at the beginning of the Spanish conquest
7. The Winds look-out from where you can view the three craters of the Nindiri volcano
8. The San Fernado Crater and Trail, where you have magnificent panoramic views
9. The Tzinacanostoc or the Bat cave where lava tunnels formed by ancient eruptions from the Santiago crater.
Part of the Nicaragua - what an amazing country travel blog
Part of the list Nicaraguan sights and places
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!