Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido

19 Avenida DE ORDESA, Torla, Spain
Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido - From Torla
Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido - Looking to Torla from the footpath.
Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido - Ordesa 1
Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido - Ordesa 2
Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido - Ordesa 3

Parque Nacional de Ordesa y Monte Perdido Torla Reviews

davidx davidx
A delight for everybody Nov 10, 2010
Ordesa, as I shall call it for short, is a wonderful national park in the Pyrenees. The only physical qualification for enjoying it is the ability to sit on a bus for quite a short distance, although I should love to have been there when I was able to do serious mountain walking.

The approach to Monte Perdido is normally from Bielsa. i could hardly even think of that ut I did take a bus up to Bielsa for a look. Unfortunately it was bad weather but I must say the village had no appeal for me.

The main access point for other parts is Torla, where in summer you either walk up or get a bus from the huge car park below the village. I was not there at the most crowded time so I don't know whether the limit on the number of visitors allowed at any one time is a major constraint. Everybody who wanted to go up was able to get a bus within 20 minutes when I was there.

There is an information centre on the way up and you can visit, getting a later bus up. The top car park, where the bus drops you has a cafe and an information hut. There are good easy walks along the valley as well as those for more seasoned walkers. When walking along the valley I met another English man on his way back. We agreed on the beauty of the place and he then said, 'and these trees- I have never seen birch trees like this anywhere.' Nor had I. They were indeed fine trees but they were beeches!
From Torla