Parks in Madrid

Madrid, Spain

Parks in Madrid Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
Jul 10, 2007
Their are many parks in Madrid, but the Retiro is the largest. We've spend quite some hours here, enjoying the sun, the water, the Estrella beer, the green grass,... It was a hot day and we needed some rest. Retiro is excellent for that. It is a lovely place to walk around in, largely shaded by the trees.

In the center is a pool where you can rent little rowboats, and were you can watch the Monumento a Alfonso XII. From the monument you have a nice view over the water too. In the gardens are two palaces as well: the Palacio Velázquez and the Palacio de Cristal. Retiro is huge, and when you want to see every corner of it you need quite some time. We walked the whole way from south to north, but didn't get to see it all. Yet is was a great way to pass the afternoon.

Two other parks I liked was the Plaza de Oriente (not really a park but more like a square) and the Jardines de Sabatini. They are both close to the Palacio Real and offer nice views on the palace. I've written more about the Jardines de Sabatini in my España travel blog of july 11 2007.
Jardines de Sabatini
Nzelvis Nzelvis
Jun 26, 2007
Madrid is known for some great museums that house some great works of art from Picasso and Dali. However, if you're not into that kind of thing, where else is there to go? Well, Madrid has some incredible parks that are often not mentioned in travel books. Retiro Park is a huge park in the heart of Madrid and there is plenty to see and do. It's a great place to have lunch after you've stopped in the supermarket. From there, you can walk through the shaded area and check out the lake they have for boating. There's also a wonderful garden area and there are several monuments, statues, and the like. You will also see some street performances and the statue people to keep you entertained!
Boating in the park

Related Travel Blogs About Parks in Madrid

Return To Madrid
Today was another early wake up as we had to reboard our bus for the drive back to Madrid. Before leaving, the entire group gathered in front of the bus for a group photo. Since we were such a small …park in Madrid.   However, it was a huge ordeal just to get there. Once we found the park
I actually arrived into Madrid around midnight, and went straight to the hostel.  I checked it and went to sleep - what was there to see at 1:00 AM, anyway? The next morning I woke up with litt…Madrid.  I headed out to the large park in Madrid, and spent a lot of the day there…
Parque del Retiro
You may like to go for a stroll afterwards in one of the big parks. The largest and most beautiful of all Madrid's parks is the Retiro. It has 130 hectares of woodland which form a green, tree-clad (…parks. The largest and most beautiful of all Madrid's parks is the Retiro. It has 130 hectares of woodland…

Check Madrid Hotel Deals