Parkland Hotel Defence Colony New Delhi

Parkland Hotel Defence Colony New Delhi Rates and Deals

Parkland Hotel Defence Colony New Delhi Reviews

fullstopindia fullstop…
Great rate for similar services you pay much more for in Delhi Nov 04, 2009
Hotel Parkland classifies itself as a budget hotel but at Rs 6900, that’s hard to swallow. I managed to get a reduced rate of Rs 4000, breakfast included, still high for my budget on this trip, but the room was worth it.

Check-in was smooth and simple compared to other Delhi hotels. I was quickly shown to the room and left to myself. Having just flown in from the US my time schedule was a bit off so the TV got a good workout this night. The room is very nicely finished with wood floors, a seating area with loveseat and table, a built in desk and storage unit and best of all a large comfortable bed with crisp linens. Above the desk you’ll find a large flat screen TV with a full schedule of channels, only a few English.

The bathroom was neat and clean complete with full time running water and complimentary soaps, shampoo and a few other goodies in case you forgot to pack yourself.

The hotel is situated just off one of the main drags but my room was positioned towards the back of the building so I never heard any road noise. There was some shuffling around 2 A.M., most likely from other foreign arrivals which is about the right time of night for them to appear.

Breakfast is served right off the lobby in a breezy sun-filled dining area complete with several large screen TV’s to keep you occupied. There is a buffet set up with cereals, juices, a few South Indian choices but mostly continental. Just ask for curd, eggs to order or paratha. The chai is not so good, skip it here and find on the streets.

Hotel Parkland operates several locations around the city. This property was located in the Defence Colony, a nice neighborhood with safe walking but a distance from the tourist landmarks. Stay here for a comfortable stay away from the crowds or transferring to another city the next day. If you’re looking to walk to sight-seeing, this hotel is not for you.

Hotel Parkland definitely offers a higher level than most “budget” hotels. Try for a discount to make this hotel an even better value.
Large comfortable bed
Lots of channels
Nice seating area to relax
fullstopindia fullstop…
Nice change of pace from the usual Delhi hotels Nov 04, 2009
Bed and Breakfasts have interested me for years now. Having stayed at a few in the US I thought I would research what was available in Delhi. Tripadvisor was helpful in pointing me in the right direction.

Based on the reviews, I decided B19 was where I would set my sights. Unfortunately there was no website listed and Google was no help. I did eventually find a well built website for the property. After reading the background of how the B & B came to be my decision was simple. I was going to stay with a happy couple, one Indian one American and extract as much information about India as possible during my stay. Correspondence with the owners was fairly easy, a few questions about availability, time of arrival and rates were quickly answered via email.

I arrived very late evening/early morning greeted by a staff member posted at the door. His bed was literally right next to the gate, a norm for receiving late night travelers. Getting to my room was a bit confusing as the building is a bit of a maze on different levels, behind doors, hallways etc. The room however was perfect. Large, bright, just a touch of India, neat clean and modern bathroom, complete with a balcony.

Inside the room there was a small seating area for meals or tea. Next to that was a small desk and TV. The bed was large and comfortable although very close to the ground. I didn’t mind this but it did take a bit of getting used to. It’s a great way to feel like the Indian Royals sleeping in their beds in the old palaces. The bathroom was very nicely finished in bright white and blue tiles, glass shower stall, full time running water with plenty of hot water. My favorite part was the French-door access to the balcony. Although not private, I never saw other guests outside enjoying the view. Because of this shared balcony, 2 other rooms have access, it’s best to keep the curtains closed for privacy.

In the morning you can hear religious songs and watch the locals walking to the nearby temple. Just across the way you can catch a glimpse of Humayun Tomb. The property is set in a beautifully landscaped gated community which makes for uninterrupted, safe walks around the neighborhood. My only dislike of the location was the constant sounds of train horns blaring. I got used to it but it was there.

I left my door cracked once I was set for the day to alert the staff I was ready for breakfast. At this point I thought I would meet the owners and have a nice morning chat. My continental breakfast of fresh fruit, toast, cheese and tea was brought to the room which I then took to the balcony. It’s not everyday you can listen to India waking up while enjoying a hearty breakfast on a balcony so don’t stay inside. I soon came to realize the owners were not on site and I would not be meeting them. A disappointment that changed my feeling of the place.

After two nights stay I never did figure out how to find my room without getting lost each time. Part of the fun was exploring the building and seeing how much work went into the remodel of the former shell. Unfortunately the camera I used did not capture the elegance B19 exudes. Prices have gone up since I stayed here in 2008 which is why I skipped coming back for my 2009 stay.

This is a perfect spot for singles, couples or groups staying for more than a day in Delhi. B19 is close to sightseeing, located in a great neighborhood for walking and the rooms are very comfortable. As of this writing, I see the website has been changed to B19 Boutique Hotel, no longer classified as Bed & Breakfast. Better.
Bedroom at B19
Balcony just off the room
Display on main floor
Another view of room

Parkland Hotel Defence Colony New Delhi Overview

Situated in the up market locale of Defence Colony it is one of the prime properties of Parkland Hotels Group. Playing host to Indian and international celebrities regularly, the hotel is marked for its beautiful aesthetics and stylishness. So, when the international pop group and 80s-ns sensation Boney M touched down in India the hotel was chosen to play host to them for making their stay a comfortable experience. Designed to match global standards in quality and look the location of the hotel adds to its charm. Enveloped by some of the best-known brands of restaurants, lounges, shopping walkway, designer boutiques etc its-ns an ideal place to relax and have fun. Each of the 37 rooms is a picture of chic perfection and guests can choose from a variety of suite and luxury rooms. The health center and the conference room are an added attraction for the guests.

Parkland Hotel Defence Colony Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Check Parkland Hotel Defence Colony Rates and Deals