Parking in Mechelen

Mechelen, Belgium

Parking in Mechelen Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Parkin in Mechelen Feb 16, 2009
I guess almost everybody that have a car once or more time in their life has gotten a parking ticket. I have managed to collect a few over the years but I have also encountered some good experiences as well.

One of the best systems I have seen is from the city of Mechelen in the area between Brussels and Antwerp. I was late for a meeting in the city centre and I knew that the meeting would last more than 3 hours but I didn’t have coins enough for that long a parking so I took a change and hoped that I would make it.

When I came back to the car I had naturally a fine in the window. The fine was not too bad compared with the ones I knew from Denmark but what I really like was the opportunity that they offered on the fine. If I paid ½ days of parking equal 15€ they would cancel the ticket. I found that a brilliant idea, because often it is only minutes or anyway less than a hour you have cheated.

Related Travel Blogs About Parking in Mechelen

Fall in Mechelen
I was back in Belgium for a short visit; it was the birthday party of my friends Sophie and Lieven. I stayed most of the time in Antwerp but Sunday I had made an agreement with Ewelina and Olaf to jo…park which was kind of odd thinking about all the times I had visited the city, but there is a first time for everything. The Vrijbroekpark in Mechelen

Check Mechelen Hotel Deals