Parker Pies

88 Main Street, Rutherglen, Australia

Parker Pies Rutherglen Reviews

Chelsea Chelsea
Jul 09, 2007
Parker Pies sits on the aptly named Main Street in the country town of Rutherglen. Parker Pies boasts some of the best pies in Australia, and they make tasty pies made out of almost any Australian animal: beef, Emu, jumbuck, crocodile, and more. I went for the mustard chicken roll, and Ali went for a mushroom and beef pie. Both pretty safe options, but they were exceptional pies. I don't know if I would drive for four hours from Melbourne to have one (well, I might almost actually) but if I was in the area, I'd definately drop in for a pie. Parker Pies has apparently won 25 pie awards (awards to do with the art of making pies...) so, they must be good.

They have a sunny outdoor area where you can sit, eat your pie, and watch the world go by. Well, you can watch Rutherglen go by. Or, more likely, those blasted trucks on their way to Albury.

Most pies are priced at about $4.
Pic from Parker Pies website
stabber911 says:
I study in Australia for 8 years, I also just know that a jumbuck is a sheep.
Posted on: Jan 12, 2008
dougal says:
Well it's a long time since I watched Neighbours - my grasp of Aussie lingo is obviously not up to scratch!
Posted on: Jul 15, 2007
Chelsea says:
hehe, I did say the word 'pie' rather a few times didn't I! A jumbuck is a sheep
Posted on: Jul 15, 2007