Parker Canyon Lake

Coronado National Forest, Elgin, AZ, USA

Parker Canyon Lake Elgin Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Fishing and Water Sports Mar 17, 2013
Parker Canyon is about 28 miles from Sierra Vista and about 5 miles to the Mexican border. My husband decided he wanted to go somewhere where he could see water, fish or something water related. It was a beautiful morning so I decided to pack a picnic bag, camping chairs and a few wraps to put down by the lake. This was not the first time we were going to the lake, previously, Mark had taken Desire fishing. I was pregnant then so I did not do much except people watch and try not to throw up from the smell of the lake. Do not get me wrong, the lake does not smell, but pregnant people tend to have a heightened sense of smell, and mine seemed to have trippled.

This time around it was better and I was very excited about taking Alexander to the lake and having him see some water but mostly play with his sister and father by the water. It was not crowded, but there were quite a few people fishing. We did not fish, we made our way to a spot by the lake under a shade tree and had our picnic there.

The water level was lower than it should be so much of the side of the lake where we set up was dry. When the rain falls though, the lake fills up pretty good. We did hike a long the lake , we did not go the whole 5 miles, but we did a pretty good portion of it.

The main activity here is fishing, they offer fish species like rainbow trout and bass, catfish and sunfish.

Check Elgin Hotel Deals