Park Regis Singapore
Park Regis Singapore Rates and Deals
Park Regis Singapore Reviews
Good for night life and restaurants Jan 08, 2016
I stayed at the Park Regis for two nights in late December 2015. I picked this hotel mainly because of the reviews on Booking.com and the good location.
The hotel is located in Clark Quay, behind the Swissotel and close to the passenger bridge (Read bridge). Central shopping mall is just opposite, as well as MRT station Clark Quay.
This location is excellent if you like the restaurants and night life of that area.
However, I didn't like the location in the morning, because there are no good breakfast places in that area. So you have to walk a bit or take the MRT to Chinatown, Bugis, or Orchard to get some nice breakfast.
My room was really nice, not the biggest one but for Singapore standard perfectly ok. Everything was in good condition and was very clean. I got a cool view towards Clark Quay.
Shower and toilet are in separate in small cabins, whereas the sink is basically in the middle of the room. The usual equipment and amenities in the room. Good TV and Internet quality.
There's a really nice outdoor pool with a cool waterfall on second floor. After a long and hot day of sightseeing it's big fun to hop into the pool. And they allow you to use the pool area after you checked out, which means if your flight is in the evening you can use the pool/shower after sightseeing before going to the airport. Very convenient! :)
There's also a gym on 2nd floor, but I didn't try that one.
Staff was very friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out was very quick.
Room rate was ok, given the location and high standard of the hotel and the fact that I stayed there from December 29.-31.
I enjoyed my stay and would probably book this hotel again! :)
1 / 1 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Newest hotel close to Singapore's nightlife Sep 28, 2013
Park Regis is a fairly new hotel on the block. It might not be situated along the Singapore River but u can just walk up the overhead bridge, cut through Swisshotel and wala - u r in Clarke Quay!
We stayed at this hotel for 10 days in September 2013. Some of you might wonder why I as a local am staying at this hotel for 10 days ;-)
Anyway, my boyfriend booked this hotel way in advance so he got it at a good rate. The hotel has 4 different kinds of room if i remember correctly. Every kind of room has a Bay Window :) The hotel has the usual amenities such as a bar, a cafe/ restaurant, a pool, a gym, complimentary WIFI for 1 hr at the lobby.
We stayed in the Park Room. So to keep my review short, below is a list of plus and minus points about the hotel.
1. Complimentary Parking!!! Parking is expensive in Singapore. First hour was $5/-
They did not state in their website that parking was complimentary so during the first phase, abt 2 hours+ I had forked out $11 for parking. So do ask the Concierge for the complimentary ticket. Some days when I exited the parking (having not used the car for couple of days), I saw my parking during that period would have cost me $383??
2. This is a new hotel so everything is zen and new. No creaky beds or chipped furniture. The towels and bedsheet are changed everyday.
3. Location! Within 7 minutes walk and you are in Clarke Quay. Within 10-15 minutes walk and you are in train station (Clarke Quay MRT station). 20 minutes and you are in Boat Quay.
4. Room size is comfortable for 2. The shower room could have been a bit bigger. We are able to stay there 9 nights mind you without getting suffocated!! I get suffocated if the room size is too small.
1. Thin walls. I am awaken without fail every morning by the sound of door slamming and people talking. I dont know whether its because of the way doors are designed that it has to cause that slamming sound or is it because, unfortunately for us the other guests at our floor were Chinese PRC (People's Republic of China). If there are any PRC TravBuddy reading this review, I hope you dont get offended but SERIOUSLY, these Chinese PRC tourists are so badly behaved! They talk so loud when they are walking to their rooms, they keep going in & out of the room, they chat outside their room at 7 am in the morning! They smell bad too (I was unfortunate to have to take the lift with some of them).
2. The housekeeping. The housekeeping lady keeps coming to our room - she just knock & if no answer - she just enters the room! We had specifically stated in the instruction form (since we are staying there 9 nights, we are given an option of choosing the timing for housekeeping and the room facilities). The housekeeping is also a PRC as the first time she came to bring us complimentary fruits, we couldnt figure out what she was saying cos her English was so-so-so bad!
3. Because of the way the room was designed, make sure the person sharing your room with you is someone you are comfortable with as because of the open bathroom concept, one can hear everything that goes on in the toilet or shower.
The service of the other hotel staff was good. We also tried the room service food which was not bad at all.
I would also not recommend staying at the rooms with the pool view as people at the rooftop terrace would be able to see everything in your room! To think we had actually wanted to change to that room but lucky we did not!
10 / 10 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Park Regis Singapore Overview
The state-of-the-art Park Regis Singapore hotel, which caters to both business and leisure travellers is perfectly located within walking distance to entertainment and dining hotspots such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and culture-rich Chinatown. The interior of the hotel is being designed by Australian firm Woodhead, which is behind some of the country's key developments. The hotel has 203 ultra contemporary studio concept guestrooms.
The hotel is centrally located in the City Centre, within easy reach of Singapore's vibrant entertainment and dining hubs such as Clarke Quay, Boat Quay and Chinatown. It is close to Raffles Place and Marina Bay, Singapore's commercial and entertainment hub. Perched along the Singapore River, the hotel is a 5 minutes walk away from Clarke Quay MRT train station.
Some of the in-room facilities include broadband internet access (chargeable), cable TV with multiple channels, individually controlled air-conditioning, work desk, IDD telephone, in-room safe, mini bar, tea & coffee making facilities, hair dryer, iron & ironing board, 24 hour room service, laundry and dry cleaning service (chargeable).
The hotel's recreational facilities include a stylish 25 metre outdoor lap pool, set next to a cascading water feature - bound to relax and rejuvenate in tranquil surroundings. The hotel also offers a well-equipped, state-of-the-art fitness centre. For recreation on a larger scale, a nine-hole and eighteen-hole golf course and driving range is about 2 kilometres (1.5 miles) from the hotel (fees apply).
The hotel features one All-day Dining Restaurant and 3 Bars including a Lobby Lounge, a Pool Bar and a Roof Top Bar. The all-day dining restaurant includes two private dining rooms which serves local and international cuisine in buffet and a la carte menu. Lobby Lounge is the perfect place for pre-dinner drinks prior to a night out on the town; offers a good selection of wines, fine teas, coffee and other beverages. Pool bar serves al fresco cocktails and the chic al fresco roof top tapas bar is an idea venue for chilling out in the evening.
Park Regis Amenities