Park Regis Auckland

Check Auckland Hotel Deals

Park Regis Auckland Reviews

sweettangerine sweettan…
Spacious yet a little shabby with a top location Nov 09, 2014
Park Regis is a decent tourist class hotel with prime location on Queen Street, THE shopping artery of Auckland. The Brito Mart transport hub and the water front are but a block away.

The hotel looks small upon entering, because of its art deco facade, but it actually encompasses a larger building. The reception is small and convenient and flows over into the breakfast area. Check-in was fast and efficient and in no time we got the key to our room. Wifi’s only free at reception though. But we decided that that would have to do.

The elevators are located outside, in the corridor that leads up to the reception. Therefore they need to be activated at all time by the room key. This is an extra safety to keep uninvited guests out.

Despite its bustling location, our room on the fifth floor was really quiet. Probably because it gives out to the back, but there was no noise either from neighboring rooms.

Our room is massive and resembles more a studio than just a room. It features two single beds and it comes with a fully equipped kitchenette complete with microwave, pans, pots, plates and cutlery. We’re truly happy with the space. The high ceilings add to the spacious feel as well, though the mold gives it an unkept and a bit shabby look. The furniture and wall to wall carpet have seen better days, yet are still in an acceptable state.

The bathroom is equally spacious and features a comfortable shower with great water pressure and plenty of complimentary toiletries. There are ample towels available as well as a hair dryer mounted to the wall.

The hotel features a guest laundry, a sauna and a small gym with a few machines and some weights. It’s all pretty basic but a nice extra for guests who care.

We didn’t have breakfast at the hotel, but the guests bathrooms in the back of the breakfast area have surely seen better times. A quick peek into the meeting rooms would hold me back from hosting a conference here. Yet you do get a lot of “space” here for your money and the location is almost priceless. A little renovation would work miracles but that would surely also up the now very reasonable price.
Park Regis facade
spacious room
and an equally spacious bathroom
hightide hightide
Nice hotel in downtown Jul 27, 2014
Although not the most modern looking room (the carpet looked a little old and the walls haven't been painted recently), the room was spacious, there was even a small coffee table with chairs, the shower was quite nice with good quality New Zealand made soap and shampoo provided.

Located in the Central Business District on Queen Street, Park Regis is within walking distance to the main office buildings and many shops along the downtown area. I felt safe walking around Queen Street at night as a solo female.

On Mondays, most shops close by 6pm. Having nothing planned for Monday night, I asked the lady at the customer service desk for suggestions on things to do. Not only did she give suggestions plus directions, she printed out coupons that I can use for my visit to Freddy's Ice House.

When I booked for this hotel online, I requested a standard queen bed on one of their higher floors. I was pleased that my queen bed and higher floor requests were granted (got placed on the 8th floor which is their highest floor). It was a little inconvenient to get to the 8th floor because the lift only went up to the 7th floor and I had to take the stairs from the 7th to 8th floor (I had a big bag to carry; otherwise, I wouldn't have minded the stairs). Most importantly, I was glad to get a room on the top floor as it was quiet up there. The equipments that I used (furniture, bathroom, AC, TV and telephone) were in good working condition. The only downside is there was no wifi signal in my room.

I mainly communicated using the wifi at the hotel lobby. I only used my hotel room phone to accept incoming calls. I got a good deal on my stay as it was low season in July 2014 (winter).

Check Auckland Hotel Deals