Park 79 Hotel

Park 79 Hotel Rates and Deals

Park 79 Hotel New York Reviews

rolf_wessels rolf_wes…
Location near Central Park May 15, 2011
The hotel is perfectly location for sightseeing. It is basically next to Central Park. The rooms are extremely small but very clean and tastefully decorated. The street that my room was facing was very quite and I had a good view of the park and I the american flag in front of my room.

I cant say that I had a bad stay here but I was a lot expecting more and better for the price that I paid for a single room.
blessedmoon87 blessedm…
Cheap and great for a few days Sep 07, 2011
I stayed here in 2010 with my mum, this place was brillisnt so cheap yet looked as if should of cost more.

It was 5 min walk to central park and to the natural history museum.

There is a wonderful cafe near 10 min walk on broadway.

There is loads to do but you must go yourself to see it
danielrice20 danielri…
Dec 29, 2007
Park 79 Hotel is a property I can recommend. The rooms aren't large, but they are fairly quiet, clean, and tastefully decorated. The shared bathrooms were close to our room, but we never heard them being used by other guests.

The most impressive thing about this hotel, was the price, followed closely by the location. It is one block from the American Museum of Natural History on Central Park West, giving you access to many restaurants, coffee shops, and the subway. There is a weekend market a few blocks south...bought some gifts and had some fantastic hot apple cider there. Two blocks away is Central Park, and Tavern on the Green is within comfortable walking distance. A cab to Radio City Music Hall costs less than 5 bucks.

Speaking of cabs, though...we had to catch an early flight back home, and a hotel employee insisted on calling a taxi for us, so it would be waiting for us when we checked out. That sounded great so we accepted the offer. Next morning, we checked out, and sure enough, there was a car waiting for us. We stepped outside and the driver (it was a livery cab) began loading our suitcases into his car.

Seeing it was a livery cab (realize this...they are shady, and I'm being nice), I asked him how much the ride (to LGA) was going to cost. The answer?..."Fifty dollars, plus tolls."

I laughed for a second or two, thinking he was joking. When I realized he was serious, I snatched our bags out of his trunk with a quickness and said, "I'll be hailing a real cab, thanks for nothing."

He grumbled something along the lines of, "Good luck at this time of the morning," stood there for a minute (like I might change my mind), then got into his dented Lincoln, and drove away, kicking up slush and swerving in the process.

My wife and I walked about 100 feet, and hailed a real cab (elapsed time 3 minutes), and we were on our way to the airport...cost us $30, including a nice tip for the driver. Not so much of a commentary on the hotel staff, more of a warning regarding those black livery cabs.

Nonetheless, I would recommend the Park 79 hotel, and I plan to stay there again.
Petitsing Petitsing
Jul 25, 2007
The room was a bit small, so did the bathroom, but i like the bathroom way modern and the bed comfortable and clean...

Anyway, it´s in the city center, closed to Central Park... Very convienient... I am not sure if i will stay at this hotel again, but, it was somehow OK!!! :)

Park 79 Hotel Amenities

• Shops
  • Boating
  • Water Activities
  • Desk
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Cots