Parizzi

Strada della Repubblica, Parma, Italy

Parizzi Parma Reviews

Galleleo Galleleo
Affordable Michelin Star Restaurant Feb 19, 2012
Parizzi is a Michelin star restaurant in the city of Parma, Italy and it is by far the best restaurant I have been to here in Parma.

Italy is known for its food, but quite frankly I have been a bit disappointed by the quality of the food here in Italy since I have been here. There are a few decent restaurants in Parma where you can have a good dinner and there are some things I really like in Italy, such as the Pane Frita with Prosciutto di Parma, but in general it's not that much better than when I would cook myself. And I do expect this from restaurants.

Parizzi is the exception in Parma, it's slightly on the expensive side, but if I compare the prices in Parizzi to what you would pay in the Netherlands in a comparable restaurant, it is certainly very affordable. A main course goes between the price of 18,- to 25,- euro's and it's usually the wine that makes the dinner really expensive. Looking at price/quality ratio's at Parizzi, I would say it is more than definitely worth it.

Last time I ate there, as a starter I had a plate of raw meats and a little hamburger. Among the raw meats was some carpaccio, steak tartare and beef with assorted salts. This entire starter was great, but I especially liked the beef with the different kinds of salt on it. For the main course I had the lambs meat and this was deliciously and perfectly cooked. The meat was tender and it came right of the bone.

We had gone to Parizzi for my birthday and some of the people I went with had told them it was my birthday, so Mr. Parizzi himself had prepared a special cake for our table. He had a created more or less a pot out of chocolate, including lid. Inside there was a mixture of different kinds of chocolate, fruits, raisins, and some other assorted ingredients that I still have not figured out, but this was by far the most delicious desert I have ever eaten in my life. The entire collection of tastes in that desert just worked together and it was just spectacular to taste. I ended up eating more than I should (and maybe even could).

The restaurant itself is pretty small and Mr. Parizzi walks around in the restaurant himself and he also does, at least some, of the cooking. It's not a restaurant that has a famous cook that is never actually there. Mr. Parizzi and his wife walk around the restaurant, talk to their guests, etc. There are two separate rooms in the restaurant, so if you bring a bigger party you can still have privacy, but there is also a bigger room where you will sit along with all the other guests. I think the atmosphere in the restaurant is nice and cozy, not to business or cold.

The service is what you would expect from a Michelin star restaurant, there is always someone keeping an eye on your table and they will help you with anything you need. Also important to note is that in a country where the grasp on English is so so at best, (most) of the people at Parizzi know English and can offer an excellent service to those who do not speak Italian as well.

The price of the restaurant means it's not something for people who are backpacking, but if you don't mind spending some extra money, you get excellent quality for it in return at Parizzi. So I would definitely recommend it.
Entrance to Parizzi
bernard69 says:
congrats on your feature,I was very rarely disappointed by the food in Italy!!!
montecarlostar says: