Paris on New Years

Paris, France

Paris on New Years Reviews

laureley laureley
No fireworks in front of the Eiffel Tower! May 02, 2011
Paris is always worth visiting, especially for lovers ;)

BUT if you plan to visit Paris for New Years you have to know that there are no fireworks allowed, so the only thing that happens at midnight at the Eiffel Tower is the light are turned on (but this happens every night)! So don't expect too much of tipical a New Year's experience.

There are many parties in clubs and bars on new Year's in Paris, but you often need a reservation and they are very expensive!

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Eiffel Tower anyway with a bottle of champaigne (which is illegal, too, by the way^^) and it was good and romantic for the two us :)

Nevertheless: if you like fireworks, celebrate New year's somewhere else and come to paris another time ;)
Nick Nick
Dec 31, 2005
Paris on New Years eve is wonderful, though I'm sure its generally pretty great everywhere else in Europe. The popular thing to do is get dinner reservations for 9/10 PM. All the restaurants jack their prices up a lot since its New Years Eve and they can. Our restaurant gave us a free bottle of champagne with our meal, which was wonderful :) After dinner, people head out to the bridges over the Seine. They are very crowded. People expect New Years in Paris to have tons of fireworks at the Eiffel Tower. WRONG. There are only amateur fireworks that are pretty unimpressive. Many people go to the Champs Elysses, but I've heard its pretty boring. Once the New Year arrives, the Eiffel Tower flashes, people on bridges are totally wasted, and everyone is happy. The whole mood throughout Paris is fabulous: random people hugged us on our way home, and throughout the night while I was sleeping I could constantly hear people yelling "Bonne Annee" through the alleyways. New Years in Paris was not exactly what I expected, but I loved it nevertheless.
my champagne
random guys hugging us
Eiffel Tower at midnight

Related Travel Blogs About Paris on New Years

New Years in Paris
The thing to do in Paris on New Years Eve is to go to an expensive restaurant late (around 9). The restaurant we went to gave us a free bottle of Champagne with our meal. Once we ate our dinner (whic…Paris on New Years Eve is to go to an expensive restaurant late (around 9). The restaurant we went…
Paris, new years eve.
You always hear that paris is the greatest city in Europe, but believe me its not that great. Maybe I was there at the wrong time of year and should have gone in summer or my expectations may have be…paris. I stood under the eiffel tower on new years eve expecting a buzzing atmosphere and maybe some fireworks…
New Years Eve in Paris
We've deceided to spend New Years Eve in Paris. So we took a 4 hours trip with the TGV to get there.We spent 4 days there and had really a great time.Our hotel was fantastic: The Concorde Montparnass…New Years Eve in Paris. So we took a 4 hours trip with the TGV to get there. We spent…

Check Paris Hotel Deals