Paris on Bastille Day

Paris, France

Paris on Bastille Day Reviews

melissak melissak
Nov 23, 2007
If you plan on being on Paris in July, shoot for July 13th and 14th. We were here at this time in 2007 and had so much fun. The party starts on the night of the 13th, Bastille Eve. We made a mistake and went to the Bastille around midnight, but the main festivities there were just ending. But there was lots of people there that split up into the tons of bars surrounding the Bastille. So tip #1-Go to the Bastille probably about 10 or 11pm if you want to see the celebrations there.

On the 14th there is a huge military parade on the Champs Elysees that starts at 11am I believe. Tip #2-Get there EARLY if you want to see anything more than the tops of all the tanks. Seriously, we were dumb and went at around 10, figuring an hour would be enough time..how wrong we were.

Tip #3-Don't split up with anyone and plan to meet up with them again if you actually do want to see them again. We were lucky enough to randomly bump into eachother after quite some time of just wandering around. Or find a specific spot that you know well and meet there.

At night, starting at maybe 7:00pm there is a huge concert in the Champs de Mars. This year it was Bob Sinclair I believe, and then Nelly Furtado. Tip #5-Get there early if you want to see anything.

After the concert there is fireworks at the Eiffel Tower, which is pretty amazing. We thought we had great seats, we had an awesome view of the tower...until the fireworks started...Tip #6-The fireworks are lit from the river, not the actual Tower, so don't sit somewhere you can't see the bottom of the Eiffel Tower.

Tip #7-BOOK AHEAD if you want a good place to stay. We booked a month in advance and it was still really hard to find anywhere to stay.

I hope these tips are helpful for anyone planning on being in Paris on Bastille Day! Pretty much the general tip for this event is EARLY, get there early, book early.
derekbilldaly says:
Im going this Sunday, so thank you very much for the advice! :D
Posted on: Jul 09, 2008
lovely_lori88 says:
Being in Paris on Bastille day was so much fun! Also because it was my birthday hehe :D:D Good review though!!
Posted on: Nov 23, 2007
travelman727 says:
Great review and good tips! I had the privelege to be in Paris in 1985 and Provence in 2005 on Bastille Day. To me, it's the best day of the year to experience France :-D
Posted on: Nov 23, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Paris on Bastille Day

Bastille Day
We were all excited to be in Paris for Bastille Day (the French independence day), but unfortunately, none of us really knew what to do for it.  Some of my classmates watched the parade down the…Paris for Bastille Day (the French independence day), but unfortunately, none of us really knew what to do for it.  Some…
My pre-birthday celebrations!!! Oh and Bastille eve
We basically planned our trip so that we made sure we would be in Paris for Bastille day. And more importantly, MY BIRTHDAY! Which also happens to be on Bastille day. We also wanted to make…Paris for Bastille day. And more importantly, MY BIRTHDAY! Which also happens to be on Bastille day. We also…
Pre Bastille Day Party in Paris
So we get to Paris on July 13th, and after getting settled we head out for the pre-bastille day festivities in Bastille Square.  We all armed ourselves with our alcohol of choice, me with my Fra…Paris on July 13th, and after getting settled we head out for the pre-bastille day festivities in Bastille

Check Paris Hotel Deals