Paris Cliche Hostel

Check Paris Hotel Deals

Paris Cliche Hostel Reviews

WandaMichelle WandaMic…
Not very convenient location but inexpensive! Nov 02, 2013
I arrived in Paris only with one night reservation at another hotel, but I couldn’t find any other place to stay, it was in April, at the beginning of the high season of April, so I ended up at this place. This hostel is one of the Hostelling International - HI net and I every time I have to look for a hostel I consider this option at first; because most of the time their hostels are centrally located and also manage a nice environment. This one did not fit the standards of the previous HI hostel I've already stayed.

Talking about the location, it isn’t convenient at all if you are going to Paris to visit and touring the city, it can get worst if you are looking for nightlife because it is pretty far from downtown. Around that area there is not too much to do. I remember myself walking for more than 20 minutes, trying to find a place where to dinner and I couldn't, so I ended up taking the metro to downtown.

What is very convenient is that there is a very close Metro Station, Mairie de Cliche, only two or three minutes’ walk from the hostel. Be aware that this metro only works until 12:00 PM.

The hostel is located in an old building, looks a little bit dirty in the corridor, but not in the room. The room was clean and also it was quite spacious; this is not very common in Paris.

The hostel facilities include a bar, Wi-Fi, TV room, laundry and kitchen. Breakfast is included in the price. The Internet was available at an additional cost.

They offer different type and price of dorms, from 2 to 5 beds. I stayed at ta 4 bedroom dorms.

I found the price was fair as well as the relationship price-quality.

The place was very noisy when I was there, they had a group of teenagers, a school trip in the same floor I was staying and it was hard to sleep. They were making noise until late. I was planning to stay there for the 4 nights I have left in Paris, but I did it earlier, at the second night. It was a hostel for really youth people so if you are more than 22 avoid to be there.

I am not sure if I would recommend this place, maybe if only you cannot find any other place or if you need to be around that area.

Check Paris Hotel Deals