Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport

Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport - hangs somewhere in CDG

Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport Reviews

EmyG EmyG
CDG Apr 10, 2015
CDG is the biggest passenger hub on the European continent, the world’s biggest cargo airport and one of the biggest airports all over the world.

I will never forget my first time in transit, because it was in Paris. I was so scared to land here as I knew that people say only bad things about CDG. I had a vision of a nightmarish place. After all CDG is ranked as one of the worst airports in the world year after year. I printed the map of the airport and I was ready to face it (well, I wasn’t). Believe me or not, the devil is not as scary as he is painted. I like CDG. I really like it. However I’m EU citizen, Poland is in Schengen same as France, so flying from, to or via this airport is easier for me than for most of the travelers. The situation gets complicated when you are flying in here from Africa. Or from America. Or from Asia. The immigration on CDG sucks when your passport is not a European one.

CDG is the main airport of Paris (and France) but it is not located in Paris. It is located in Roissy, a wastland north east of the capital. After landing, making it through the immigration, getting your luggage, and after crossing ‘exit’ sign (which is, at CDG, always far, far away), you are not in Paris yet. This is Roissy, not Paris. Paris is 25 km away and yes, it is beautiful!

CDG is an amazing airport, but only if you’re not going anywhere in a hurry. This airport is poorly marked. It is very easy to get lost and it seems that nothing makes sense here. The architectual marvel has turned out to be passangers’ nightmare. The gates are in seven or eight satellite buildings that were intended to make it easier for the planes to taxi in and out, but they don’t make the way any easier for people.

There are stories that CDG has free and unlimtied WiFi but I have never experienced that as it has never worked! I simple couldn’t connect.

I’m quite sure that I will visit this airport again.
hangs somewhere in CDG
my gate to Warsaw
Ils1976 says:
A bit too late again but nevertheless congrats! Never visited this airport but maybe I should now! :)
Posted on: Apr 12, 2015
TB_Weet says:
Congratulations on your feature, Emy! :D Thanks for sharing as I was contemplating between transiting in Schipol or CDG for my flight to Rome. It's now conclusive ;-)
Posted on: Apr 11, 2015
cotton_foam says:
Congrats, on an well review! My experience at CDG was not good either...
Posted on: Apr 11, 2015
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport Jul 07, 2010
Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport, named after the leader of Free France during World War II and later President of the French Republic, might just be as frustrating as it's namesake had a tendency to be. The layout is ridiculously confusing with the signs contradicting each other at every turn. I think the French just enjoy tormenting foreigners. The place itself is huge and I imagine there's stuff to do but as I'd just come from Birmingham and had a connecting flight in a hour and numerous problems to contend with, I spent most of my time dashing through the place like a blue-arsed fly attempting to find the Korean Air desk.

The only comment I can make is that they try to seperate the security scans into what flight you are on using colour coding. While that's a good idea, you can just go through any one really. This help me skip the queue while everyone else was being herded like cattle towards one guy.
GeorgeLeach says:
At one point my dashing back and forth attracted the attention of four French policemen so I decided to stop and ask them for directions. That seemed to put them off the idea I might be a drug mule or something! Everyone I've spoken too seems to have gotten lost in CDG one time or another.
Posted on: Jul 07, 2010
fransglobal says:
Obviously they enjoy tormenting you! I agree that CDG signage can be very confusing. I've got pretty disoriented there. Great photo of it on the U2 album 'All that you can't leave behind'
Posted on: Jul 07, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Paris - Charles de Gaulle Airport

Paris, France #2,3,4
 Samdi 10th de Octobre           On the way to Paris,France finally I get to see my DREAM city! Flying over the country sides of Wales & England…Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport (LFPG) or as they say it in French: ( Aéroport Paris-Charles
Flight to The Netherlands via Paris
It has almost been a year since I was in the Netherlands. So, it was about time to go back. Besides meeting friends and family I also had a lot of stuff on my agenda like extending my Dutch drivers l…Paris Charles de Gaulle airport . Immigration was quick and efficient, the connecting flight to Amsterdam was in time. More…
And it begins...
This trip to Morocco has been a long time coming. I left Paris with my friend Liann and boarded an EasyJet flight to Marrakech's Menara Airport. We arrived on the first of July. Morocco, already in i…Charles de Gaulle Airport Paris. As i walked off the plane i felt the heat engulf me. The weathe…

Check Paris Hotel Deals