Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio

Via Trieste 57
Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio - Valle di Cané.
Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio - Valle di Cané.
Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio - Mountain flowers. Purple.
Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio - Sadly I didn't take any pictures when I was in Residence Cavallino, but I borrowed a few from their own website.

Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio Reviews

tinaleeloo tinaleel…
Amazing nature and hardly a tourist in sight Jun 12, 2011
The Stelvio National Park is a national park in the north-east of Lombardy, north of Val Camonica.

In the foothills of the Alps this, the largest national park in Italy, offers stunning mountain and valley scenery. Because of a multitude of glaciers skiing is available all year round.

Essentially a region for outdoor sports, this is true hikers country and numerous walks are possible through the region. These include low-lying valley walks and more adventurous mountain hikes.

Find information on walks, climbs and skiing in Bormio, the principal town in the region.

The perfect way to end a day of walking in crisp mountain air is staying at the family owned Residence & Trattoria Cavallino (restaurant and hotel) in Cané - a small village just outside of Valle di Cané, one of the most beautiful landscapes in Val Camonica.

When I was there the landlady, a sweet older woman who only speaks Italian, gave us a huge room and took great care of us in the restaurant afterwards. They serve typical mountain delicacies like sausage, game, ravioli with herbs, old school polenta, mountain cheese and liqueurs made with Alpine herbs. Our hostess didn't mind sharing her recipes with us and we both received kisses on the cheeks when we said goodnight.

Valle di Cané.
Valle di Cané.
Mountain flowers. Purple.
Sadly I didn't take any pictures w…
Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio Map