Parc Asterix

Parc Astérix, Plailly, France - 0 826 30 10 40
Parc Asterix - Astérix!Quo vadis?
Parc Asterix - Astrix and obliex
Parc Asterix - Parc de Astrix
Parc Asterix - Quiet indeed...where is everybody?

Parc Asterix Plailly Reviews

Bojasem Bojasem
nice Amusment park Nov 02, 2012
Parc Asterix was a very nice place to take rest between France and Belgium.

with roller coaster,Splash Boat ride,shows and a lot of plays

i enjoy in this park.

it not jam like Disneyland.

it one of the most beautiful theme park in Europe.

I prefer

1-Tonnerre de Zeus, a wooden roller coaster, top-rated in Europe .

2-Grand splatch, a rapid river ride.

3-Oxygénarium, a large, twisting water slide with round dinghies .
Parc de Astrix
Astrix and obliex
fawkes66 fawkes66
Friendly theme parc Jul 07, 2005
Parc Asterix was a nice stopover for our trip to Italy. It´s the home of Asterix and Obelix, you know, the characters created by Goscinny en Uderzo. Unlike Disneyland Paris, the park opens only from April to October and has generally shorter opening hours. However, it is easily visited in one day, 30km north of Paris. From Holland it´s a 430 km drive. We slept in hotel Les Trois Hiboux, the theme hotel adjoining the parc. We arrived just before the high season...yeah, it was quiet. Service was good at the hotel, rooms were not overly big, but clean! The parc itself was swarmed with school classes. Very logical, as it was almost the end of the school year and all those kids needed some air obviously!

With six rollercoaster rides, we had a good afternoon! The sun let us down terribly, but that didn´t stop us from trying every rollercoaster in the parc.

We were ready for our next stop: Chateau Versailles.

Tonnerre de Zeus, a wooden roller coaster, top-rated in Europe

Goudurix, a large steel multi-looping coaster

Oxygénarium, a large, twisting water slide with round dinghies

Transdémonium, a haunted mansion filled with special effects

la Trace du Hourra, a 900m bobsled, with cars that reach 80 km/h

la Galère, a swinging ship

Menhir express, a log flume ride with a 13m final drop

Grand splatch, a rapid river ride
Astérix!Quo vadis?
Quiet indeed...where is everybody?
And a good night sleep.
sylviandavid says:
Wheeeeeee..... sounds fun.... good review.
Posted on: Oct 25, 2007
dahling says:
thanks for the info, I was wondering what it is really like.
Posted on: Oct 24, 2007
ekthor ekthor
Sep 03, 2005
When I was doing my study abroad program in France, we visited Paris. Our tutors gave us the choice to choose between the two theme parks in the area: Disneyland Paris and Parc Asterix. We Chose Parc Asterix because it was the Frencher (if that's even a word) of the two, and we didn't regret it.

Parc Asterix is a Theme Park that exists since 1989(almost as old as me) and is based on the Cartoons and Comics of Asterix the Gaul. It is very famous in France, and I'd say it is decently famous world-wide. This theme park's specialty are rollercoasters.

This park is open only from April to October, so if you're near Paris on those dates, you should visit it. Luckily, the park can be easily visited in a single day, so you'll only be paying the 35 euros admission fee once.

Between the rides that I tried and liked, you can find:

* Tonerre de Zeus, its a top notch wooden roller coaster.

* L'Oxygenarium which is a water slide in which you hop into some round thingies.

* La Galere which is nothing more than a swinging ship, but it is still a classic.

* Menhir Express, which is a classic water ride where you hop into a log and just let the flow take you (to a 13 meter drop).
sunsetrosebud says:
We just got back from Disneyland and Universal
Studios Tour and we had such a great time. I love amusement parks. I'm with you as far as going on the one that was 'Frencher' Glad you had a good time.
Posted on: Jul 06, 2007