Paraiso Travellers Hostel

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals

Paraiso Travellers Hostel Barcelona Reviews

DerickFT DerickFT
Terrible place. I will never stay here again. Aug 07, 2011
I am a frequent traveler. I frequently stay at hotels across the world. Here is why this is the worst hotel I have ever encountered:

ROOM: My small room had no windows. It was just 4 walls, a mattress, a dresser, and a small sink. It was extremely hot in the room as there was no air circulation whatsoever. Although the fan was put on maximum power, it was useless as it was still extremely hot in the room. I asked the reception desk for another fan and he refused. There is no air conditioning. There was a fan bolted to the ceiling, very far from the bed, so I never felt any of the air. It was unbearably hot in the room and I was unable to sleep or stop sweating.

BED: The mattress was about 4 inches thick and felt like cardboard. There is no box spring, as it is more like a cheap cot. I found many strands of hair on the sheets.

TV: There is a very small TV bolted to the ceiling, but my TV did not work.

TOWELS: Towels cost 2 Euros a piece.

SOAP: Soap is not offered. Bring your own soap.

BATHROOM: The shared bathroom was ugly but mostly clean. The shower worked fine (as long as you don't mind moldy shower curtains).

INTERNET: The wireless internet did not work. I tried several times to connect, but no luck.

COFFEE: The coffee machine charges about 1 Euro per liquid tablespoon of coffee.
Cot
Fan (useless) and non-working TV
Sink - no soap offered. Towels co…
dharpley dharpley
Happy place Apr 05, 2010
Loved our stay here, staff are very friendly and helpful and it's in a close location to the centre of Barcelona and metro stations.

It's a very safe part of the city and I didn't see anything dodgy anywhere in Barcelona as many people had led me to believe!

There's no breakfast but there are heaps of nearby cafes that offer good deals on drinks and pastries.

The rooms where very comfortable and the hostel size was nice and it was easy to meet new people!

Check Barcelona Hotel Deals