Average rate: $106 - Hotel class: 1.5 stars

Check Lorca Hotel Deals

Parador de Lorca Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Paradise on a mountain top Aug 07, 2014
The Parador de Lorca is a relative new hotel built next to an old Moorish castle overlooking Lorca. It is located in the middle of the city some 100 meters above on a narrow hilltop with the hotel to one side and an old Moorish castle to the other.

When I entered the area of the Parador I found that they had a quite large parking area on the flip side of the main entrance. The area next to the parking was an excavation site from when the built the hotel. It turned out that the area of the hotel had housed the Jewish quarter next to the castle. They had found 12 houses and a synagogue. It was actually possible to get guided tours for the excavation and the neighboring museum.

There was a short but steep walk up to the reception area but with a stunning view of the city beneath. I entered the reception after having some pictures outside, the area was nicely chilled and after spending the day in 36 degrees Celsius it felt pretty nice. I had to wait for my turn, as there were a couple of guests in front of me asking questions about almost all other Paradors in the country.

I was in no hurry so I started to look at the design features in the large reception lounge that turned out to be in several floors. I really liked what I saw and so far I could not wait to see the rest of the hotel and the room. It became my turn and the receptionist turned out to be really sweet and service minded and she managed to find my Amigo number and even wrote it down to me if I was to visit one of their other hotels as she said. I was given a room on the fourth floor and couldn’t wait to get there.

The room was really nice with a great view of some of the surrounding mountains. There was an amazing bed and the room was really nice decorated and I immediately felt home there. There was a nice large desk and small table with chairs. The room also had mini bar, safe and closet space with bathrobes and so on. The bathroom was also really nice. The Internet worked really well, which usually can be a problem in some of the Paradors that are built in old monasteries or castles. I decided to relax and opened a bottle of Spanish red wine that I had bought in the supermarket.

After a couple of hours I decided to try their restaurant that was located on the other side of the hotel. I loved the fact that the restaurant opened at 8:30 pm and I was still one of the first in the restaurant. I found a table with a great view towards the city below and looked at the menu. The service was swift and I ordered a beer while I concentrated on the menu that was quite extensive.

Sitting on their terrace in the evening you have a view towards the quiet town and it’s pastel painted and white houses that looks even softer in their colors at sundown than in the afternoon. The view towards the sundown have wisely been occupied by the Moor architect almost 900 years earlier but by stretching over the fence on the far end pathway you can managed to see the sun disappear behind some trees.

I settled with a starter consisting of different local tastes followed by some cod as a main course, I therefore decided to order a bottle of cold white wine. It didn’t take long before I was given a shot of gazpacho as an appetizer that was really fresh and so tasty that I promised myself that I would start making them at home again.

The plate of tasters was wonderful; there were a creamy soup with quail eggs, toast with meat and cheese, deep fried fresh asparagus, a small fish salad, toast with local ham (jamon), and many different cheeses. The plate was huge and really tasty, it was like I was in heaven. The main dish that followed didn’t let me down as well and the cod was melting in my mouth.

On the way back to my room I walked around in the hotel and took pictures of all the amazing views and details that they had done with the design. I really enjoyed my stay there.

I had an amazing stay there I can recommend to stay in this place if you want to relax and have a break from the busy life.
Chokk says:
Thank you very much - it was a stunning place
hanleyscot says:
Congrats on your featured review! Great photos…the hotel looks incredible…and so does the food! Nicely done!
Chokk says:
Thanks for the congrats :)

Parador de Lorca Overview

The Parador is located within the Catle of Lorca, but is a new building, perfectly integrated monumental setting. The work has contributed to the localization and later restoration of important archaelogical remains of Islamic as well as of Jewish and Christian times, which have been integrated into the complex of the Parador. In addition to these important archaelogical remains, the estabishment also offers the magnificent views onto town, luminosity being one of the most important features of its interior decoration. As an additional incentive to the accommodation or the visit of the Parador, its restaurant offers the chance to enjoy the best products of Lorcas cuisine, based on legumes, vegetables and cereals, harvested in the regional orchards. All these dishes can be accompanied by Jumilla, Yecla or Bullas wines

Parador de Amenities