Paradisus Palma Real

Check Punta Cana Hotel Deals

Paradisus Palma Real Punta Cana Reviews

fafafooooey fafafooo…
'Exceeded All Expectations' Aug 07, 2011
This is the best all-inclusive resort in Punta Cana.

Pools and Grounds:

They have the largest free-form beachfront pool in the Dominican Republic. It includes a swim-up bar, fountains, in-water tiki huts, and seems like it extends a mile long. There’s no way another resort has a better pool. The entire place is clean and luxurious from top to bottom. The best way I can describe it is as if you just arrived on the set of The Bachelor/Bachelorette TV show. From the fountains in the courtyard to the artsy sculptures and outdoor furniture to the overall architecture, you will be amazed. The place is impressively designed. And wait till you see the view from the lobby!

The soft white sands and bent palm trees of Bavaro Beach was very relaxing. They really keep it immaculate and well guarded by security so you can be assured you will NOT be haggled by annoying salesmen from neighboring beaches. In 6 days, we were not approached by any aggressive salespeople or locals trying to sell shady excursions. We did NOT have to listen to one sales pitch for a timeshare or anything. There was a lot of seaweed one day but the grounds crew were out early cleaning it up. They put a lot of effort in making this resort look nice.

Royal Service:

I highly recommend upgrading to this service for those who are considering it. You get your own private butler who makes all your dinner reservations, reserves your beach or poolside Bali beds and brings you nightly scented pillows. Not that one needs scented pillows but hey, I'll take it. You’ll get a cell phone you can use to call your butler if you need anything too. Our butler, Juan was just ok. He did not go out of his way and didn’t even see us the last 2 days we were there! But, I still recommend the Royal Service and here’s why:

* Access to the Royal Service beach which is much nicer than the beach the regular guests use. They don’t even have Bali beds!

* Access to the Royal Service private pool, a small and quiet pool right next to Sunset Bar which is also exclusive to Royal Service guests.

* Location. RS suites are all located literally steps away from the beach and pool. Some regular guests’ suites are so far away from the beach that they have to be shuttled in via golf carts or take a short walk.

* 3 bottles of top shelf liquor waiting for you in your suite (Absolute Vodka, Ron Barcelo Rum, Dewars Scotch) as well as a fully stocked refrigerator of beer, water, soda and juice.

* Free room service. Others pay $5.00 for delivery.

* Private, air conditioned lobby for checkin/checkout.

* Free Wi-Fi in room and on RS private beach/pool. And it worked great too! I did not expect that.

* Exclusive access to a la carte breakfast and lunch in the air conditioned Vento restaurant. The food here beats the buffet and the service is outstanding. We tipped our waiter every time we ate there for breakfast. He worked at least 12 hours a day and never stopped smiling the whole time. I recommend ordering the “Dominican Breakfast”.

If Royal Service was standard for everyone, this 4.5 star resort would earn 5 stars for sure.

I was worried that I’d get bored laying around on a beach or hanging in a pool every day but I was amazed at all the water sports I saw on Bavaro Beach. The resort offers snorkeling, kayaking, catamaran sailing and lessons, horseback riding, windsurfing, scuba, snuba, and more. You can also go parasailing or ride the flying airboat! We snorkeled and learned how to sail the Hobie catamaran, both for free. Sailing was the most fun thing I did all week and can’t wait to do it again. Nightly entertainment didn’t disappoint. Dominicans are all about dancing and having a good time.

Our air conditioner worked so well that we actually had to turn it off one night, it was so cold in the room! It never smelled musty like reviewers at some other resorts have claimed. The hallways were always dimly lit giving it a very mysterious appearance. The smell of incense permeated the summer night too.

Areas for Improvement:

* There is no late night food option other than room service. It would be nice if they offered 24-hour pizza like some cruise ships do or a least provide late night snacks in the Market Grill restaurant.

* The pools and pool bars all close at 6 pm, at least they did in early August when we were there. I wish they would have stayed open an hour later since the sun was still out. 6 pm seemed too early.

* The bathrooms in the suites are only semi-private.

* Communicating what/where the daily activities and entertainment schedules are was poor.

None of the above are deal breakers by any means, just observations. Everyone spoke adequate English and we never felt pressure to tip. The resort far and away exceeded all of our expectations. My only regret is that I couldn’t stay longer to have another day to sail on the catamaran or go kayaking, or sit in the jacuzzi, or drink another Mai Tai…

I can definitely see myself coming back here in the future.
Largest beachfront pool in the Dom…
On Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana
Bavaro Beach, Punta Cana
Swim up bar!
vulindlela says:
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Suusj says:
Congrats on being featured :).
andrejav andrejav
Sun, Sand... Mar 25, 2011
For this one five stars are not enough, five diamonds… maybe.

Functional, really big, nicely designed hotel with lots of cabanas and rooms. I went there with time share program, and it was just superb experience.

It was not easy to find this place because we decided to see a bit of Dominican Republic before we get to the hotel, and we rented a car. There is one road going there, but issue is where to turn from that road… We have been looking for “marks” that locals were telling us about, (such as gas station, which we finally found 10km away from the coast…), but most of those locals did not have any clue of what is 1, 3, 5, 10 kilometers… everything is the same, and NO SIGNS anywhere…

We got very nice room looking towards one of the courtyards, with spacious balcony, great bed and every amenity you can imagine in the room. Bathroom was perfect in every way, with mini Jacuzzi and perfect shower (I am going to buy that shower as soon as I renovate my bathroom).

Hotel is all inclusive, and has number of good thematic restaurants, bars, and lots of classes and presentations that make your stay more interesting (such as dancing, wine tasting, yoga…)

Complex has huge pool that wraps around the main building, and many smaller pools, for adults, kids… That main pool, looks like sizable lake, with lots of place to sit in the water, few water bars, and bit secluded areas . Hotel is right on the beach hidden with lines of palms and small cabanas where you can chill during hot hours. Beach has amazing soft sand, lots of chairs, and all games/sports you can wish for. Service is excellent in any way.

Surrounding area is also occupied with other large resorts, and there are no really significant interesting points to see.

I warmly recommend this hotel
Room and bathroom
main entrance
main pool
gwenrencsok gwenrenc…
Beautiful Resort, service doesn't match the facade Jan 09, 2010
I originally booked the trip through an RCI timeshare deal. I am not a part of RCI nor do I pay fees to them, but I got a decent deal through them in the "Reserve" section of the hotel. I traveled in September, which is the off session to avoid most of the crowds. The hotel was extremely empty and from talking to the staff they were only at 15% occupancy. Great for lounging at the pool and scheduling in dives (free daily dive per package - great perk!) and the remote relaxation that I needed.

That being said, you would think that issues would be handled in a quick manner since there were more staff then guests within the resort....Not so much. I figured I would just list the things that I had issue with:

- power loss through out the trip (usually only for a short period of time)

- room seemed clean, but the mens underwear under my bed would suggest other wise (as I'm a girl and I brought no men back to my room....well you do the math)

- After a heavy evening shower the ceiling began to leak pooling up in the bathroom

- Addressed the leaky roof to our concierge and she stated she would get someone to look at it, no one ever came

- Checked back with the front desk concerning the leak 3 times, still no one came (thankfully there were no more rainy nights)

- Large amounts of sea weed in the beach area (I can live with this, it's nature)

- half of the restaurants were closed due to the low season

- they push the timeshare package

- At check out the desk was unable to void the $600 deposit I had placed, it toke over half an hour to figure things out. They ended up charging 1 cent on my card to cancel the whole transaction.

I'm all about making the best of a trip, but I can see if someone had high expectations they might be disappointed.
Dominican Republic, Punta Cana: Fa…
Dominican Republic, Punta Cana: Ac…
Dominican Republic, Punta Cana: Ma…
Main Pool
gwenrencsok says:
I went off season, so didn't have the same challenges you ran into. But I could see how the whole place could go down hill quickly! Hope your next trip makes up for the time lost.
Posted on: Oct 09, 2009
dannymeis says:
i stayed at this place last summer for a friends wedding. i thought it was awful. the food was atrocious, the pool was extremely crowded noisy and generally unappealing. my room constantly smelled "musty" and mildewey, our jacuzzi was broken, power did go out repeatedly. i would never go back here. i would never have gone there in the first place if not for my friends deciding they wanted to get married there, its the antithesis of what i want to do for my vacation.
Posted on: Oct 08, 2009

Paradisus Palma Real Overview

The Paradisus Palma Real is just a short walk from Bavaro Beach. Guests of the hotel will be able to spend time relaxing on the beach or partaking in the many water related activities that the beach offers. They will also be able to head into nearby towns for shopping excursions, to experience the culture and nightlife, and to dine. Some popular sites, such as Bavaro Beach, are just a quick walk from the Paradisus Palma Real. Other areas might require the use of public transportation to reach, including the airport.

Guests will be able to choose from a variety of suites when they book at the Paradisus Palma Real. The rooms at the hotel include amenities such as alarm clocks, cable TV, bathrooms, phones, iron and ironing board, air conditioning, and more.

Guests will find that the Paradisus Palma Real offers many different onsite dining options, where guests can choose from international cuisine. They will be able to enjoy the gardens on the property as well as the nightly entertainment. The hotel also has a casino and a golf course.

Paradisus Palma Real Amenities

• Beauty Salon
  • Health Centre
  • Body Treatments
  • Facial Treatments
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes