Paradiso Pizzeria

3282 M street, Georgetown, DC, USA

Paradiso Pizzeria Georgetown Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Eh-fairly good pizza, poor service, and no parking Sep 13, 2010
Some dude and I were wandering around Georgoetown and earlier, he happended to pass this place. We walked back and stopped in and it was pretty crowded for a Thursday evening. I asked the waitress how long it would take for a party of two to be seated as they were just clearing off a table, so we sat immediately.

Our waiter came by and automatically brough us some water and then took our pizza order. The guy I was with wanted chicken on his pizza and we both search the entire menu; we thought it was wierd for them not to have chicken on a pizza menu. We each ordered our own 8" pizza. We asked the waiter why there was no chicken on the menu and he didn't know.

The hostess who seated us walked by and we stopped her to ask why there was no chicken on the pizza and she proceeded to explain who Paradiso Pizza used all fresh ingredients and that there was no way to guarantee the chicken would be fully cooked if they placed it on a pizza and stuck the whole thing in the oven. With the explanation, it made sense, but I think all the staff should know that. We also took our opportunity to huslte since the service had not been so great. The guy I was with asked the waitress if he could order a beer. Then as soon as I parted my mouth to order my beverage, she turned around and left. Why would only one person at the table be thirsty!

I was going to wait for her to come back so I could put in my order, but the guy flagged her down and she came back. I ordered a Coke and then had to get up and get my own straw. I was starting to guess that this was a self-service pizzeria.

A good point is that our pizza DID come out quite quick. It took the initial waiter quite a while to get to our table, but once our order was in, it was quickly delivered to our table. We wanted roegano for our pizza and before he brought it out, the waiter warned us it would be an extra $1.35 and that is was fresh.

So, all in all, the pizza is probably something most people would enjoy. An 8" pie starts at about $9 and can go up depending on how many toppings are on your pizza. The atmosphere is so so; there are rooster and chairs near the ceiling and a brick wall divided the restaurant from the bar. It in Georgetown where parking is always a problem, so be ware.

Compare Washington Hotel Rates (2.5km away)

Paradiso Pizzeria Map