Paradise Sandbar Panglao Island Bohol Philippines

Panglao, Philippines

Paradise Sandbar Panglao Island Bohol Philippines Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
still worth it... Jul 13, 2012
I wanted so bad to see Paradise Sandbar in Bohol and I did some research prior to the trip. Most photos I saw on the internet are all very photogenic. Pristine, crystal-clear water and immaculate white sands on the shore, who wouldn’t want to experience such a natural beauty right? And the fact that it is a long stretch of low ridge of exposed sand built up by waves or currents, surely it added thrill to my adventuresome spirit!

Well, when we got to the island I was quite disappointed because it didn’t look the way I expected! The seashore was full of black seaweeds. Apparently, this spot is not being maintained by the city government.

Nonetheless, it is still such a beautiful crescent shape sandbar. The white sands are powdery in texture and the water is bathe temperature. I would say despite my disappointment it is still worth the visit.

When we got to the island, there were other tourists around. I read somewhere that there are also times when the sandbar is empty from visitors so then you’re lucky to have the island to yourself!

There were a few local vendors also who were selling some food stuff. By the way, don’t be fooled with those men, who are selling pearls, the pearls are fakes!

How do you get there? Rent a motor boat from Alona Beach. They usually charge around PPh 500.00 (about US$12.00) and spend a whole day swimming or sun bathing.

Our trip to Paradise Sandbar was inclusive in the tour package my friend paid for. The other two itineraries were “whale watching” and snorkeling at another island. I suggest you eliminate the whale watching and spend half day on each sites -- snorkeling and the Island Sandbar. There is no guarantee you can see dolphins or whales and if you do, they are too far away to behold anyway.

Besides swimming, sun bathing and photography you can also stroll along the sandbar from end to end. It is a therapeutic activity for the sole (and soul)!

From what I know, there are no facilities at all in the island like a portable potty or a small bathroom. Most of the foods sold by vendors are simple snacks and some coconut fruits. So bring water bottle with you and some food if you intend to stay for a half day. However, please don’t leave any liter in the island.
cotton_foam says:
ganku: yes, it was a very pretty island!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2013
ganku says:
This place is so pretty
Posted on: Nov 22, 2013
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats for being featured!
Posted on: Jul 10, 2013